Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here has the courage to reject the Pericope Adulterae?
What the heck, I usually stirred the pot in my past posts here, so why not now?

The matter of whether a book or passage is scripture is a spiritual one at its root.
John 14:26, 16:13 & 1 Cor. 2:11-16 make clear that The Spirit of God reveals what is true and Divine to those in whom He dwells.
It is easily discerned by one in whom Rukha d'Qoodsha dwells, whether the Pericope Adultera is scripture, or whether Western 5 books are scripture, or Mark 16:12-20 is scripture, as The Spirit is Truth, and leads us who are spiritual into the knowledge of the truth. This is not primarily an intellectual function of the human mind, but is spiritually discerned (1 Cor. 2:14,15).

If The Spirit cannot show us whether we are reading His words or the words of man, please excuse me if I seem irreverent, but what good is He? I don't think the problem is with The Spirit, however. I think the problem is with us. Generally, the church is not Spirit led (spiritual) but is carnal and ego centric.
"We have the mind of The Messiah", wrote Paul; yet we rely on our puny pee brains of flesh to figure out Divine Truth.

"He that sits in heaven will laugh." Psalms 2
Sometimes He weeps. (Jeremiah 9)

Dave Bauscher

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Re: Who here has the courage to reject the Pericope Adultera - by gbausc - 03-03-2011, 08:09 PM