Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here has the courage to reject the Pericope Adulterae?
@Judge: do you feel free to disregard the opinions of elder statesmen of the church? I don't follow everything those men wrote, but Solomon was under divine inspiration when he wrote "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding (Proverbs 3.5)." If the majority of Christendom holds to a position, one would be well advised not to lightly dismiss it. Then again, if you have a scholarly , believing, and compelling reason to question the P/A, I'd be curious to examine it. @Burning One: the teaching is quite in accordance with the rest of Scripture; since the Jews were under Roman law they had no authority to execute, and this group was a mere lynch mob; the question posed to Christ was obviously a trap: if he said not to stone her, he'd be a libertine; if he said to stone her, he would have broken the law I(ie no witnesses, proper trial) and defied Roman authority. His answer showed respect to both Torah and Roman law, making his questioners appear as fools. @Jeremy: spot on.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Who here has the courage to reject the Pericope Adultera - by dr p - 02-23-2011, 12:42 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM