Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic word for "sorcery?" Does it literally mean drug use?
aaronmcgill Wrote:As for Timothy- A little wine for his infirmity is different than one thinking they need a little weed to just feel Gods love for human kind. For Timothy to get the sort of high-bliss one gets from smoking pot, he'd have to drink far more than a little wine.

Shlama Akhan Aaron,

Very good post. One can point out that many medicinal marijuana users actually don't smoke pot at all, rather they ingest it in brownies or that sort of thing. I suppose this helps with the lost appetite many chemo patients experience. And I've been told by users of medicinal pot that there's no real high or bliss to speak of, whether they smoke it or eat it. Sort of like taking synthetic opiates for pain...the high is absent, only the pain is controlled. I guess depending on how it's used, it may be closer to a little wine for Timothy's infirmity than the traditional image of hippies with a bong.

Heroin is a terrible drug, but the narcotics (synthetic or natural) that are based on the same poppy plant are indispensable in modern medicine. Having recently had surgery I don't know how I would have coped without the Vicodin afterward.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 02-17-2011, 03:52 AM
Re: Aramaic word for "sorcery?" Does it literally mean drug - by Paul Younan - 04-18-2011, 07:53 PM