Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philoxian vs harklean Revelation
konway87 Wrote:Hello Stephen,
But what about the things I wrote?

Shlama:
Be specific. Refresh my memory. To be quite honest I have a very poor memory. You wrote many things and I can't recall may of your main points. Take one point at a time and write it in as few words as you can. It's a complicated subject.

1) I don't follow much of the teaching of DG Bauscher and it would appear that you have a great deal of respect for his point of view.
2) What is motivating you to spend so much time in your centralization of the Book of Revelation in the first place?
(The Book of Revelation is actually a collage of sayings, quotes and prophesies from the TaNaK (the Jewish Bible).
3a)I do believe that the Book of Revelation is for the most part pretrist and was written at a time when the Temple stood). It's content is prophetic and is speaking about two main things. Most assuridly it speaks about the return of Christ. Also it elaborates to some degree about the 1000 year reign of Christ which is to come so it is not entirely preterist in this particular context.
3b) The book of Revelation speaks about a New Heaven and a New Earth and this must take place in due time.
3c) The Book of Revelation is an accurate expose of of Heaven and earth in the end of days and this ties it together with the book of Daniel, II Thessalonians, the prophetic book of Zechariah and the other prophets which fortell of the second coming of Christ, which is soon to take place historically. When? We do not know precisely but it will take place in due course.
3d) Much of the Book of Revelation is allegorical and its context follows a literal bodily return of the LORD Yeshua Meshikha where his feet will stand on the mount of Olives.
3e) It's critical to read the Book of Revelation keeping the allegory in mind and not let personal interpretaton or conjecture dominate our thinking. If we link any passage of the Book of Revelation to the Jewish Bible (Old Testament it is virtually impossible to go astray.

There is a wealth of topics in the Book of Revelation and it's wise not to get hung up on any single theme in spite of its prominence. A careful study of the Book of Revelation will bring blessing as long as we do not become isogetic in our summary. Always read the Book of Revelation in light of the entire context of the Bible and we will nor go astray.

Shlama,
Stephen Silver
Dukhrana Biblical Research
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dukhrana.com">www.dukhrana.com</a><!-- w -->

Messages In This Thread
Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 12-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 12-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 12-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by Stephen Silver - 01-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 01-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by ograabe - 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by distazo - 01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Re: Philoxian vs harklean Revelation - by Andrej - 01-07-2011, 02:51 PM