Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Primacist Discussion on CARM
Ok I have had some discsuuion with Mark at carm over the years.

Quote: This manuscript was written at the close of the 2nd century and it undoubtedly was copied from a first century exemplar.
I have repeatedly pulled Mark up on this point. He has never , and I have given him numerous opportunity to do so, explained in detail why this is so.
He has said IIRC that this was the view of Burkitt and that it was based on certain features of the language in the text.

Quote:Subscription to John in several of the 5th/6th centuries of the Syriac Peshitta admit that both John and Luke wrote their Gospels in GREEK. So even the ancient churchmen in the Syriac speaking lands admitted that these two Gospels were not originally written in Syriac/Aramaic. Likewise, some of thes early manuscripts of the Peshitta also admit that Mark wrote his Gospel in Rome and in the Roman = Latin tongue!

These mss are not early but several hundred years after they were written, so the value of these colophons must be dubious.
Ask him for more specific information. I have asked him for this and received nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Primacist Discussion on CARM - by Doug in CO - 04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Re: Primacist Discussion on CARM - by Doug in CO - 04-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Re: Primacist Discussion on CARM - by judge - 04-15-2010, 02:19 AM
Re: Primacist Discussion on CARM - by judge - 04-15-2010, 02:23 AM
Re: Primacist Discussion on CARM - by ograabe - 04-15-2010, 03:45 AM