Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Post
Peace and Blessings,

In the past, I was very fond of arguing here. For more than a decade, I have been an ardent supporter of this forum. It helped me realize that I enjoy argumentation and should pursue a career thereof. But unfortunately, I have grown bored of it for two reasons:

a) When I presented strong arguments against Aramaic Primacy, the forum decided not to respond in order to save face; it wouldn't even, at least, compliment me for my researches. But when I presented weaker arguments, such as "the scribe's slip," the forum surrounded it like a heap of ants on a cube of sugar. Consequently, I am bored.

b) I can no longer relate to the topic. I feel like I am arguing for the sake of arguing now. I also feel like I am debating certain individuals who would not debate well outside the comfort of their home computer screens.

Finally, I am disappointed with Paul Younan. Over the years, he has grown weak, narrow-minded, and cold as both a debater and person; for example, I cried for his immediate help in regards to my business and he sat there, doing nothing, like Pharoah. What I expected upon my return was a curly-bearded king who hunts lions for sport. What I found was a pelican, feebly hiding in the shadow of his fathers' traditions and hatred for Muslims. He has become the Pharisee who stoned Stephen. What is hilarious is that as he reads this, he still thinks he is guaranteed Paradise!

Please expunge my account.
Why not try to be more critical (in a positive way) of yourself rather than criticising everyone else?
Kara Wrote:Peace and Blessings,

In the past, I was very fond of arguing here. For more than a decade, I have been an ardent supporter of this forum. It helped me realize that I enjoy argumentation and should pursue a career thereof. But unfortunately, I have grown bored of it for two reasons:

a) When I presented strong arguments against Aramaic Primacy, the forum decided not to respond in order to save face; it wouldn't even, at least, compliment me for my researches. But when I presented weaker arguments, such as "the scribe's slip," the forum surrounded it like a heap of ants on a cube of sugar. Consequently, I am bored.

b) I can no longer relate to the topic. I feel like I am arguing for the sake of arguing now. I also feel like I am debating certain individuals who would not debate well outside the comfort of their home computer screens.

Finally, I am disappointed with Paul Younan. Over the years, he has grown weak, narrow-minded, and cold as both a debater and person; for example, I cried for his immediate help in regards to my business and he sat there, doing nothing, like Pharoah. What I expected upon my return was a curly-bearded king who hunts lions for sport. What I found was a pelican, feebly hiding in the shadow of his fathers' traditions and hatred for Muslims. He has become the Pharisee who stoned Stephen. What is hilarious is that as he reads this, he still thinks he is guaranteed Paradise!

Please expunge my account.

Kevin, some things to consider:

a) you have brought interesting ideas to the table here concerning the primacy issues. some have been weaker than others, at least, in what was immediately evident. let me explain: the "weak" one of which you speak was weak in that you brought the textual evidence necessary for us to all examine. the "strong" ones were just you stating the opinions of others without the textual evidence brought to the table for people to examine. if you've been around here for as long as you have, then you know how important it is to show the evidence as it stands and not just espouse an opinion, because we've all see how much opinions, as sincere as they may be, can be colored by tradition and any number of outside influences. i think you should really consider these factors in this point.

b) if you can't relate to the topic, then of course you would be best not engaging in debate. it will be fruitless for both, and a waste of time for all. so yes, better to bow out if this is the issue.

if you've been around Christianity for so long, you should know that the proper way to confront personal issues with another individual is to contact them privately first, and if no response is made, then to take other believers with you. if you haven't done that in this case, then you really should. i don't know what exactly you expect out of Paul or why, but that should be the way you handle this personal situation.
judging a man's eternal destiny based on your sole interaction with him over the web is a hugely mistaken route, in my opinion. i've disagreed heatedly with individuals before over the web, but who are we to judge another's acceptance into Paradise based on our sole interaction over the web? you don't know the factors that bear on each individual with whom you interact. you can disagree until you're blue in the face, but judging one's salvation based on your sole interaction is not mature, and, i would venture to surmise, a gutsy action before the Holy One.

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy
Quote:if you've been around Christianity for so long, you should know that the proper way to confront personal issues with another individual is to contact them privately first, and if no response is made, then to take other believers with you. if you haven't done that in this case, then you really should. i don't know what exactly you expect out of Paul or why, but that should be the way you handle this personal situation.
judging a man's eternal destiny based on your sole interaction with him over the web is a hugely mistaken route, in my opinion. i've disagreed heatedly with individuals before over the web, but who are we to judge another's acceptance into Paradise based on our sole interaction over the web? you don't know the factors that bear on each individual with whom you interact. you can disagree until you're blue in the face, but judging one's salvation based on your sole interaction is not mature, and, i would venture to surmise, a gutsy action before the Holy One.

First, it is well known that Christians believe that they are eternally "saved" because of their faith. In effect, the priest who dedicated his life to unrelenting service, the Christian who consumes the wealth of orphans and widows, and the atheist who uttered a deathbed confession in midst his anxious family will all enter the same gate to an abode of bliss upon death, since they are all sprinkled with the "blood of the lamb."

I was referring to this strange concept in regards to Paul and his actions. I, as a Muslim, showed him the utmost brotherly love and respect by performing the act of communion with him at a church service while he was in LA. I, as a Muslim, would have defended him and his church onto death. So to turn his back on me while I was in need constitutes betrayal.

Perhaps he can fashion rings for his dogs with the pieces of silver in his satchel.

Secondly, although I am well-acquainted with Christianity, are you seriously disappointed that I did not follow Christian protocol in regards to this issue? As I do not expect you to wash your feet and hands before church service and actually place your face in the dust, while praying, before the Lord of all worlds, please respect my difference as well.

Thirdly, and this is to Rafa, if yours is the "One True Faith," then why has there been so much dissent amongst Christians in regards to basic issues, ranging from the great to small, such as the nature of Jesus or what the canon of acceptable books should be or if the Holy Spirit is masculine or feminine or if faith is more important than works? As a reference point, consider Christianity in the second and third centuries. Do you remember the Ebionites? Do you remember the Christians who believed that Jesus was only a man? Can you hear a single whisper of the Christians who professed that Christ was only a man temporarily inhabited by God or that there were two Gods or that God did not create the word or that Jesus never died? These men, each with a legitimate interpretation of an infant scripture, were eliminated when "the majority" decided that they were heretics. Ironically, this "majority" itself splintered into many christological sects.

But of course, yours is the "One True Faith."

Furthermore, if either you or Paul want to debate Christianity and/or Islam with me, throw the first staff. But be warned, as Peshitta primacy is your territory, this is one of mine. I'm so confident that you'll drown in such a discussion that I'll debate you at your own church in front of the Patriarch himself on national television. In such a discussion, textual evidence will not save you.

Oh and be sure not to let the "countless Muslims," whom you've converted, see our exchange. They might get an itch to wash their hands and feet again.
Kara Wrote:
Quote:if you've been around Christianity for so long, you should know that the proper way to confront personal issues with another individual is to contact them privately first, and if no response is made, then to take other believers with you. if you haven't done that in this case, then you really should. i don't know what exactly you expect out of Paul or why, but that should be the way you handle this personal situation.

First, it is well known that Christians believe that they are eternally "saved" because of their faith. In effect, the priest who dedicated his life to unrelenting service, the Christian who consumes the wealth of orphans and widows, and the atheist who uttered a deathbed confession in midst his anxious family will all enter the same gate to an abode of bliss upon death, since they are all sprinkled with the "blood of the lamb."

I was referring to this strange concept in regards to Paul and his actions. I, as a Muslim, showed him the utmost brotherly love and respect by performing the act of communion with him at a church service while he was in LA. I, as a Muslim, would have defended him and his church onto death. So to turn his back on me while I was in need constitutes betrayal.

Perhaps he can fashion rings for his dogs with the pieces of silver in his satchel.

Secondly, although I am well-acquainted with Christianity, are you seriously disappointed that I did not follow Christian protocol in regards to this issue? As I do not expect you to wash your feet and hands before church service and actually place your face in the dust, while praying, before the Lord of all worlds, please respect my difference as well.

Kevin, i can't speak to your issues with Paul, as i referenced above. but if you perceive that it is all about faith and not works, where is your qualm with him? as long as he believes in Messiah, wouldn't that surpass what wrong you feel has been done to you, thus you would have no place questioning his eternal destiny, except from your own faith's point of view.

Kevin, my proposal that you follow the etiquette standardized by the Messiah is not on par with your suggestion on how i would be expected to pray at a mosque. one is etiquette, aspects of which you've here stated yourself that you've participated in, and the other is theological. i'm not asking you to engage in a theological thing. you've come here and been a part willingly, of your own volition, and so i don't see it being out of the question to suggest this of you. this is between you and Paul, not everyone here. i think you may have a better result if you dealt with it by contacting him, if you have not done so personally. none of this is directed at you personally, i'm just explaining how it might better be dealt with.

curiously, though, how do Muslims deal with personal situations between another person?

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy
Push b'shayna o ala gabila.
Quote:curiously, though, how do Muslims deal with personal situations between another person?

I contacted Paul via private message about how I felt about his reluctance to even respond to my cry for help. He replied, sarcastically, that "the economy does stink, doesn't it?" Thus, I decided to bring this issue up in public, as a means to expose the son of Asshur beyond his cross and priestly cloak. I loved him as my friend. He was my hero.

As far as your question is concerned, Muslim and Christian etiquette is identical in this respect.
Kara Wrote:
Quote:curiously, though, how do Muslims deal with personal situations between another person?

As far as your question is concerned, Muslim and Christian etiquette is identical in this respect.

Shlama,

so have you gone to him with another person(s), as per Muslim and Christian etiquette, before posting your problem with him here, publicly?

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy
Kara Wrote:I was referring to this strange concept in regards to Paul and his actions. I, as a Muslim, showed him the utmost brotherly love and respect by performing the act of communion with him at a church service while he was in LA. I, as a Muslim, would have defended him and his church onto death. So to turn his back on me while I was in need constitutes betrayal.

Kevin whether you are a muslim or a christian or atheist, you ned to grow up. IMHO you should also ask pauls forgiveness for the way you are bad mouthing him here.
Sorry to be so blunt.
BTW I am not a christian or a muslim or part of any religion.
Quote:Kevin whether you are a muslim or a christian or atheist, you ned to grow up. IMHO you should also ask pauls forgiveness for the way you are bad mouthing him here.
Sorry to be so blunt.
BTW I am not a christian or a muslim or part of any religion.

Judge, I smile throughout the day because I know that you exist. And your unsubstantial, thoughtless comment, in a childish, improper British prose, is forgiven. I forgive you because upon small reflection of what you represent here, I enfold in soaring bliss with the knowledge that I was molded in a different image.