Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Paul Younan--Please read and get back when you can!
Shlama Akhi Paul,

Just had some quick but important questions on the Tri Linear Targums. Did you do that text formatting or did someone else? Are these public domain or not?

I am in the process of prepping Matara, my Tanakh project, or Masoretic Targumic Amplified Edition. My publisher is looking at whether to adapt texts or whether to custom design them. I have no idea how this works of course, but Baruch and I want to make sure that if Tri Linear is your work that:

1) We have your permission to utlize the Hebrew texts of the MT and Targumim fully.
2) That we give proper credit and attribution to you for doing that adaptation. Or

3) That whoever may have originally done it gets credit and proper process where copyright issues may be involved.

This decision on to adapt or build is an important early one for our process so please get back to me either on the forum or privately.

Todah rabba and my best to you and the whole mishpocha!
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth
Shlama Akh. To tell you the truth I got the PDFs from a website years ago. I am unsure of the copyright status on these works but doubt there are any since it's just the text.

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone
Shlama Akhi Paul,

Okay todah. So these were already formatted PDFs of uncertain copyright when you found them. You didn't develop the texts further but posted them as is?
Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth
Hi Akh.

I did not contribute in any way to the Targum PDFs.

Take care brother

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone