Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News in the GNT
Here's the correspondence between the GNT euaggelion, euaggeliou, euaggeliw and the Peshitta.

Notes
Regarding 1Thessalonians 2:9,10: The appearance of [font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]htrbs[/font] in the Peshitta is in 1Thessalonians 2:10, whereas the GNT places euaggelion in 1Thessalonians 2:9.
Regarding Romans 10:16: A very interesting phrase appears here in the Peshitta, [font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Jwylgnw0d Frbs[/font] which becomes euaggeliw in the GNT.

euaggelion - 40 occurrences
[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Frbs[/font] > euaggelion (13 occurrences)
Matthew 4:23, 9:35, 24:14; Mark 1:14; Acts 20:24; 1Corinthians 9:23; 2Corinthians 11:4; Galatians 1:6,11, 2:2,7; Ephesians 1:13; Philippians 2:22

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Ytrbs[/font] > euaggelion (4 occurrences)
Matthew 26:13; Mark 13:10, 14:9, 16:15

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]htrbs[/font] > euaggelion (11 occurrences)
Romans 15:19; 1Corinthians 9:14,18; 2Corinthians 2:12, 9:13, 11:7; Galatians 1:7; 1Thessalonians 2:2,4,8,9+10

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Jtwnrbsm[/font] > euaggelion jmwn (1 occurrence)
1Thessalonians 1:5

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Jwylgnw0[/font] > euaggelion (11 occurrences)
Romans 1:1,16, 2:16, 11:28, 15:16, 16:25; 1Corinthians 15:1; 2Corinthians 4:3; Philippians 1:5; 1Timothy 1:11; 2Timothy 2:8

euaggeliou - 23 occurrences
[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Frbs[/font] > euaggeliou (6 occurrences)
Acts 15:7; 1Corinthians 4:15; Galatians 2:5; Ephesians 6:19; Philippians 4:15; Colossians 1:5

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Ytrbs[/font] > euaggeliou (2 occurrences)
Mark 8:35, 10:29

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]htrbs[/font] > euaggeliou (2 occurrences)
1Corinthians 9:14; Philippians 1:27

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Jwylgnw0[/font] > euaggeliou (12 occurrences)
Mark 1:1; 2Corinthians 4:4; Galatians 2:14; Ephesians 3:6, 6:15; Philippians 1:7,12,16,27; Colossians 1:23; 2Timothy 1:10; Philemon 1:13

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Fwnrbsm[/font] > euaggeliou jmwn (1 occurrence)
2Thessalonians 2:14

euaggeliw - 12 occurences
[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Frbs[/font] > euaggeliw (1 occurrence)
Mark 1:15

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]htrbs[/font] > euaggeliw (5 occurrences)
1Corinthians 9:12; 2Corinthians 10:14; 1Thessalonians 3:2; 2Thessalonians 1:8; 1Peter 4:17

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Jwylgnw0[/font] > euaggeliw (5 occurrences)
Romans 1:9; 1Corinthians 9:18; 2Corinthians 8:18; Philippians 4:3; 2Timothy 1:8

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Jwylgnw0d Frbs[/font] > euaggeliw (1 occurrence)
Romans 10:16

Summary
?[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]rbs[/font] > euaggel? (45 occurrences)
Matthew 4:23, 9:35, 24:14, 26:13; Mark 1:14,15, 8:35, 10:29, 13:10, 14:9, 16:15; Acts 15:7, 20:24; Romans 15:19; 1Corinthians 4:15, 9:12,14(2 times),18,23; 2Corinthians 2:12, 9:13, 10:14, 11:4,7; Galatians 1:6,7,11, 2:2,5,7; Ephesians 1:13, 6:19; Philippians 1:27, 2:22, 4:15; Colossians 1:5; 1Thessalonians 2:2,4,8,9+10, 3:2; 2Thessalonians 1:8, 2:14; 1Peter 4:17

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Jwylgnw0[/font] > euaggel? (28 occurrences)
Mark 1:1; Romans 1:1,9,16, 2:16, 11:28, 15:16, 16:25; 1Corinthians 9:18, 15:1; 2Corinthians 4:3,4, 8:18; Galatians 2:14; Ephesians 3:6, 6:15; Philippians 1:5,7,12,16,27, 4:3; Colossians 1:23; 1Timothy 1:11; 2Timothy 1:8,10, 2:8; Philemon 1:13

[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Jwylgnw0d Frbs[/font] > euaggeliw (1 occurrence)
Romans 10:16
So, Jwylgnw0 (and the variations) is/are a transliteration of the greek word, and Frbs (and the variations) is/are an Aramaic word? Is that right?
Yes. By the way: you can get the non-Unicode font for Aramaic and Greek (which are the fonts I used) here.
Hi akhi Paul, shalom!

Actually I have asked this question to you on 2001 (or so and the address was at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aramaic.org/wwwboard/messages/1403.shtml">http://www.aramaic.org/wwwboard/messages/1403.shtml</a><!-- m -->) but unfortunately it can't be traced now and I really need it for my master degree research. The question was about the meaning and the origin of the word 'Injeel' in Qur'an which refer to the revelation of Jesus and your answer was like this (I managed to copy a part of your answer but the rest was disappear):

The term "Injeel" is simply the Arabized version of the Aramaic "Awon-Galee-Yon" which means the same thing (God's Revelation).

If you were to break out "In-Jeel" that away, you can see clearly that it is equivalent to the "Awon-" portion af Aramaic, and that the "Jeel" is from "Galee". In Arabic, "G" is always pronounced as a "J".

Akhi, can you please elaborate a little more on this? can you do me a favor on how to spell the word "Awon-Galee-Yon" by using Estrangelo font.

I am looking for you answer. Thanks a lot, shalom.
Please read my last post to get the non-Unicode fonts used in this post. You can also see how it's spelled in Unicode Estrangelo at Dukhrana
Hi bro Aaron,

Thanks for your reply, actually I just want to confirm back what Akhi Paul has said on the word 'Injeel'. My previous question to ahki Paul was - whether the word 'Injeel' in Arabic which refer to the revelation given to Jesus in Qur'an is transliterated from the word 'euaggelion' or it ('Injeel') is originally from the Aramaic word.

Akhie Paul has answered me on this, his answered was like this:

The term "Injeel" is simply the Arabized version of the Aramaic "Awon-Galee-Yon" which means the same thing (God's Revelation).

If you were to break out "In-Jeel" that away, you can see clearly that it is equivalent to the "Awon-" portion of Aramaic, and that the "Jeel" is from "Galee". In Arabic, "G" is always pronounced as a "J".

The word "Galilee" means the place of Revelation whereas "Awon-Galee-Yon" means "His Revelation".

Unfortunately it is a part of the answer by akhi Paul that I have copied and preserved with me the rest is lost due to I can't access to the forum anymore, so here I just want to update the answer. And need some elaboration on this especially on how to write 'His Revelation' in Aramaic (by using Estrangelo font)? And you can spell the word "Awon-Galee-Yon" by using Estrangelo font for me?

I'm looking foward for your reply. TQ.
Arabic Injeel not looks like transliteration of Greek Euangelion.
It tells me that some semitic form existed independently from the Greek one in
the early times.

Rom. 10:16 clearly tells that the 2 words (euangelion and svarta) are different but maybe very close to each other.

If we consider that Greek was translated from Aramaic then why euangelion and svarta everywhere is translated as euangelion in all Greek texts?
Looking what Aaron S wrote, it is visible that
euaggelion and svarta are interchangeable words.

Svarta - declaration
Euaggelion - good declaration.
Looks like originally it was used Greek word euaggelion cause:
1. Aramaic word euaggelion does not make any sense
2. Aramaic writers would not translate svarta into Euaggelion.
3. In some instances they translated it into Svarta.

Now, the question is what is Euaggelion (Svarta)?

In Mark 1:1 it looks like it started in the prophesy of Isaiah
in John the Baptist as the way was being paved for the ministry of Jesus Christ.
Looks like ministry of Jesus is euaggelion.

Matthew 5:17 - Think not that I came to loose the law or the prophets: not that I might loose, but that I might (fill/complete?).
As I understand Aramaic word <male> means fill/complete.
So, it looks like euaggelion is a continuation of the Moses' law.
Jesus was teaching
those who were under the law to keep it.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

1Corinthians 15:1 - BUT I make known to you, my brethren, the gospel which I have announced to you, and you have received, and in which you stand,
1Corinthians 15:2 - and by which you are saved; of which, the word I have preached to you, you are mindful, unless you have vainly believed.
1Corinthians 15:3 - For I delivered to you from the first, according as I had received: That the Meshiha died for our sins, as it is written;
1Corinthians 15:4 - and that he was buried, and arose the third day, as it is written.
Here Paul gives his determination of the Euaggelion.

Some other thoughts?
Shlama,

i think they are quite interchangeable, but i do enjoy the nuances of the two. when i am reading or translating, i think "Glad Tidings" for euaggelion and "Declaration of Hope" for Swarta, since the term has a dual "declare / hope" idea going on. i personally prefer noting the distinction, even if it mainly just a native language/loan word issue, but that's just me!

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy
[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Aramaic Text Goes Here[/font]
Aramaic Text Goes Here = The text in Estrangelo that has to be inserted?
I tried this and it shows only squares.
I need help in properly formatting Aramaic text.
Paul explained in his post but did not give any example.
Thanks.

Shlama Jeremy,
1John 1:5 - And this is the announcement, which we have heard from him and declare to you, that God is light, and no darkness at all is in him.
Here
Savar = announce
Savar = declare

As much as i know svarta also means hope but I do not think that hope has place with euaggelion/svarta logically
since our faith is called urkha dhaymanuta but hope means something not sure, guess etc.
This is my thought.

By the way Aramaic word <male> in Matthew 5:17: looks like have also meaning to fullfil in addition to
fill/complete as it is in dukhrana.com. Look at Gal. 5:3 in Peshitta(Khaboris) <male> but in Peshitto >naavad>.
IPOstapyuk Wrote:[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Aramaic Text Goes Here[/font]
Aramaic Text Goes Here = The text in Estrangelo that has to be inserted?
I tried this and it shows only squares.
I need help in properly formatting Aramaic text.
Paul explained in his post but did not give any example.
Thanks.

Shlama Jeremy,
1John 1:5 - And this is the announcement, which we have heard from him and declare to you, that God is light, and no darkness at all is in him.
Here
Savar = announce
Savar = declare

As much as i know svarta also means hope but I do not think that hope has place with euaggelion/svarta logically
since our faith is called urkha dhaymanuta but hope means something not sure, guess etc.
This is my thought.

By the way Aramaic word <male> in Matthew 5:17: looks like have also meaning to fullfil in addition to
fill/complete as it is in dukhrana.com. Look at Gal. 5:3 in Peshitta(Khaboris) <male> but in Peshitto >naavad>.

Shlama akhi,

maybe i can give you a clearer presentation of the font formatting method:

take the word SWARTA

it would be formatted this way: [ font = "Estrangelo (V1.1)" ] Frbs [ / font ]

copy/paste this example in your reply to test it. the only thing you need to do with the above example after pasting is removed EVERY space you see from bracket to bracket EXCEPT between "Estrangelo (V1.1)" keep that as your only space and you should be fine. i placed spaces so it wouldn't format for you to see it.

also, do you have this font installed on your computer? if not, you need it installed to see it properly.

the result becomes the Estrangelo font: [font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Frbs[/font]

the above Estrangelo script is also formatted in Large size (150) for easier reading. after you've corrected the spacing highlight the entire bracket-set and click on the NORMAL down arrow, and choose Large or Huge.

i hope this helps!

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy
I pasted [ font = "Estrangelo (V1.1)" ] Frbs [ / font ]
and removed every space except in "Estrangelo (V1.1)", so it looks
[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Frbs[/font]
Thanks a lot.
But I try to paste aramaic text from dukhrana.com and it shows squares.
When I take Paul's Interlinear letters then it works.
But the Interlinear does not have the Epistles.
So, the problem is where to take the Epistles with Estrangelo (V1.1) so that it would be possible to copy and paste?
Oh, I see, Khaboris has also Estrangelo (V1.1).
IPOstapyuk Wrote:I pasted [ font = "Estrangelo (V1.1)" ] Frbs [ / font ]
and removed every space except in "Estrangelo (V1.1)", so it looks
[font="Estrangelo (V1.1)"]Frbs[/font]
Thanks a lot.
But I try to paste aramaic text from dukhrana.com and it shows squares.
When I take Paul's Interlinear letters then it works.
But the Interlinear does not have the Epistles.
So, the problem is where to take the Epistles with Estrangelo (V1.1) so that it would be possible to copy and paste?
Oh, I see, Khaboris has also Estrangelo (V1.1).

Shlama,

glad it worked for you - yes, you have to use the same font formatting or it won't work.