Poll: Allow topics to be posted regarding the current financial turmoil, networking, assistance, etc.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
80.00%
8 80.00%
No
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important Notice
To all forum members:

As everyone is aware, for a number of years this forum has operated under the guideline that topics should generally deal in some fashion with the subject matter this website is dedicated to.

I have been giving some thought recently to expanding the scope of those guidelines, at least temporarily as this storm passes, with respect to the very real and hard times many of us are experiencing in what may possibly be the worst financial crisis any of us has seen in our lifetime.

I have been praying for various people, and receiving private messages of a disheartening nature, and my empathy for our brethren who are worried and suffering is overwhelming at times. I feel that if we were to allow topics of such nature that, as a collective group our prayers and perhaps our material assistance can be realized in a fellow human being's life, as we are commanded by our Saviour. Perhaps as a group we can minimize the effect and can assist in any way possible, within our means.

I would like your vote on this question. Please indicate your preference by voting in the poll above.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
Shlama Akhi Paul,

The forum could use some more inter-personal communication during these times of violent shaking in the economy.
Not to mention the literal violence of murders (even mass-murders of Alabama, school in Germany, intensifying of drug cartel wars, etc.). These truly are horrific times!

Shlama w'Burkate, Larry Kelsey
Shlama Akhay,

I wanted to also point out that we have the ability to create a sub-forum, like the others, but private in the sense of it will not be visible to outsiders (non-registered individuals), so the only way someone would be able to read it is by registering. Additionally, we can make it invitation-only even for the registered members in case there are posts of a sensitive or private nature that we don't want outsiders to be privy to.

It can be our own "networking" area where we can help each other out, in case this becomes more and more like what I fear it may become.

Akhi Larry - I agree, those are all valid concerns and I wonder how much these tragic events relate to the ongoing crisis?
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
"Additionally, we can make it invitation-only even for the registered members in case there are posts of a sensitive or private nature that we don't want outsiders to be privy to."

Hi, Paul.

This sounds like a good idea.

-Doug "Whitey" Jackson
Hi .. I am new and was wondering about this. How has it been working for those of us who are new to the forum?