Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint Peter in Babylon
Hello all,

I am one that takes it literal when St. Peter says he was in Babylon (Babel) at the end of his first Epistle. Yes, I know the Roman Catholic argument that says otherwise, but I feel their argument is not scrupturally based (other than the "reference" in the Western book of Revelations).

That said, does anyone have knowledge of other historically documents showing Mar Shimon Keepa traveled to Mesopotamia? I know not everything was recorded back then, but I would love to read anything pertaining to this topic.

Thanks,

-Nimrod Warda-
Nimrod Warda Wrote:Hello all,

I am one that takes it literal when St. Peter says he was in Babylon (Babel) at the end of his first Epistle. Yes, I know the Roman Catholic argument that says otherwise, but I feel their argument is not scrupturally based (other than the "reference" in the Western book of Revelations).

That said, does anyone have knowledge of other historically documents showing Mar Shimon Keepa traveled to Mesopotamia? I know not everything was recorded back then, but I would love to read anything pertaining to this topic.

Thanks,

-Nimrod Warda-

Shlama Nimrod,

A earliest clue I think is from the Synod of Dad'Yeshu, in 424 AD:

"It is the Catholicos who is for us, Peter, head of our ecclesiastical congregation" (Synodicon Orientale, 50)

The bishop that bore the title Catholicos was the bishop of Babylon, of course, and this must have tied into Peter 5:13
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]