Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earliest known date attached to four Gospels
shlomo,

So here goes, below is the Syriac quote and its translation for 47, 48, and 49:

47. Biblioteca Apostolica Vatican 2 - P.492

???????????? ?????????? ?????????? ???????????????? ???????????? ???????????????? ?????????????? ??????????

Translation of the Syriac:
Therefore in every place says Matay, and Marqos, and Luqo, and the reset.

(Doesn???t seem applicable to the following!)

Assemani ??? Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana Vol 2 -- P492

?????? ?????? ???????????????????????????? ???????????????? ?????? ?????????????? ???????????????? ?????????????????? ?????????????????? ???????????????????????? ???????????????????? ??????????????. ???????? ?????????? ?????? ???????????????????????????? ?????????????????? ????????????????. ?????????????? ?????????? ???????????? ???????? ?????????????? ?????? ???????????????????? ??????????. ???????????????? ?????????? ?????? ?????? ?????????????? ????????????????. ???????? ?????????????????? ?????????????????? ?????????????? ?????????? ?????? ???????????? ???????????????? ???????????? ?????????? ??????????????????. ???????????????? ???????????? ?????????? ???????????????? ?????????? ?????????????????????? ?????? ?????????????? ???????? ???????? ???????????????? ?????????????????? ???????????? ???????????????????? ?????????????? ???????????????? ???????????? ?????????????? ???????????? ?????????? ???????????? ?????????????????? ?????????? ?????????? ?????????????? ?????????????? ?????????? ????????????:

On this old Gospel upon the altar of the Holy Church that is in Dorto-drumoye from the city of Baghdad. There was an Old Edessan Gospel that was clear with no missing letters, and was said to be better than any new Books. Only the first section was lost from it from that time period, and at the end was written:
This Holy Book was finished on the 5th day in the week, the 18th in December of the year 389 of the Greeks (i.e 78 AD). Handwriting by the hand of the apostle AHay friend of Mor Mori the student of Mor Aday the Apostle; his prayer be with us Amen!

49. Biblioteca Apostolica Vatican 2 - P.492

???????? ?????????? ???????????????????? ???????????????????????? ?????????????????????? ???????? ???????????? ?????????????? ?????????????? ?????????????????????????? ???????????????? ???????????????????? ?????????????????????? ???????????? ???????????????????????? ?????????? ???????????? ?????????????????? ??????????????: ???????????????? ???????????? ???????????????? ???????? ?????????????????????? ?????????????????? ???????????? ?????? ?????????????????? ???????? ????????????????. ???????? ?????????????????? ???????????? ???????????????????? ?????? ??????. ???????? ???????????? ?????????? ????????????. ?????????????????????? ???????????????????????? ???????????????????? ?????????????? ?????????????? ???????? ???????????????? ????????????????????: ???????????????????? ?????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ?????? ???????????????????????? ?????????? ????????????

Mor Makeekho the Bishop of Ghesluno wrote while saying ???that I saw the end of the ancient Gospel in the Holy Church of Mor Sabaryeshu??? of Shuq-tloto of the city of Baghdad???.
I seek from you: Oh! Holy Trinity the cause of all and the bringer of all the living; Oh! Unique nature that is worshiped by all; Oh! Life of all breath: Make me worthy of your everlasting mercy in that they are all agreeable to you, to bring to pass; and for the forgiveness of my debts that absolved my immense actions. Amen!

push bashlomo,
keefa-morun

Messages In This Thread
Re: Earliest known date attached to four Gospels - by abudar2000 - 03-22-2009, 04:14 PM