Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Apologies to Andrew Roth
Shlama to you Akhi Daniel,

Apology more than accepted, but except for me feeling as I said that you made sweeping pronouncements about my work without seeing it (or a lot of it at least) I had no trouble with the main questioning that you are referring to. I recognize that this stuff is not easy. It was not easy for me when I started studying and it will not be easy for you or others. This is a paradigm shift if nothing else and paradigm shifts always encounter resistance. I don't mind explaining these things--sometimes I have to do so a little too often in which case I take a breath and then get back to it. This is a quote from the website, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aent.org">http://www.aent.org</a><!-- m -->:

Regardless if the reader is of Jewish, Messianic or Christian background, the AENT will become an important reference resource. For Jews who do not subscribe to Y'shua as Mashiyach (Ben Yoseph), they will discover a world of provocative ancient Jewish thought that is rarely discussed in Jewish circles. For Messianic Jews there are numerous ancient Aramaic terms and definitions that are presented with Hebrew cognates from the Tanakh (Old Testament) that puts much light on difficult or controversial verses. For Christians there is a wealth of insight and discussion on topics like the Melchisedec priesthood, the Acharit HaYamin (Latter Days), Grace, Trinity, Virgin Birth, Feminine Attributes, Judaizing, Legalism, the Name of Jesus, the origin of Christmas, Easter and Sunday, as well as insights into Spiritual Anointing, the Rapture and much more... discussed in more than 1700 detailed footnotes and 350 pages of appendix materials.

How is this translation different from all others? It is different because of WHO translated it, WHAT the base Aramaic text is, WHERE it was translated, WHEN it was translated, WHY it was translated and HOW it was translated. In other words, this Interlinear Bible is VERY DIFFERENT from all others; so much so that some are fearful that it may not be "the way it's supposed to be...".

See, we have seen this in advance.

As for Trimm, it was because of what he did that I started Mari in part. I wanted people to have balanced and not psuedo scholarship that ridculed the movement worldwide. And I also also wanted folks to get what they paid for in a timely manner.

In addition, I wanted the Nazarene community to have an NT that had their terminology and focus while also bringing as fair-minded a reading to the text as possible. If those two things sound contradictory, my answer is that I have not just dumped "biased" readings into a false homogenized English only text. I have shown the original text and explained the variants within that text, and even showed folks who care to how to begin reading Aramaic for themselves. That is the real point in the "revolution"--to bring to the lay person the ability to see this text in the light of day and see its differences so they don't put assertions of such solely on my sholders or Baucher or whomever else. They will complete Aramaic training on their own, but they can start it with Mari.

Mari is designed to as much as possible meet people where they are in the faith walk but to also have resources that will allow people to build on their understanding when THEY are ready to go. I can't just try to translate for folks where they are today. I need to think of where they may get to in decades from now, even when I am resting in the ground.

People ask me all the time, "Andrew, how will you change Christianity?" or "Andrew, how will you make this or that point when it is so controversial?" and my answer is the same. I have no intention of changing anything. I leave the change to the TEXT and the Ruach haKodesh to affect one soul at a time. My job is only to bring the text to the table. It is up to the rest of the world whether they open up that book and understand it. My role therefore has ended after I submitted it for print.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
My Apologies to Andrew Roth - by rungold315 - 10-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Re: My Apologies to Andrew Roth - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 10-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Re: My Apologies to Andrew Roth - by rungold315 - 10-03-2008, 05:23 PM