Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Andrew Gabriel Roth About Mari/PEACE
Spyridon Wrote:I'm certain that Roth is aware of St. Paul's warnings against Judaizing. Whether one follows the Mosaic law is a matter of individual conscience. I'm sorry to have caused hurt or offense.

For offense I can't speak on behalf of akhi Andrew, though St. Paul also said "remain as you called", if you were a called as a gentile remain a gentile, and if you are called as a Jew remain a Jew (albeit a believing a Jew). Andrew is a Jew, and that's what he was when he was called so he's not disobeying Rav Shaul (St. Paul) by "remaining as he is".

Yes akhi Andrew expresses his beliefs and invites others to consider walking on the same path he has chosen to walk, it's up to you whether you wanna join him or not. Do remember that no matter what commentary you read, whether it be by a Messianic Rabbi or Church Father, in the end its an opinion, it can be a good one, it can be perfectly Scripturally sound deeply spiritual but its still an opinion, your only obligation is to obey the Word of Alaha, anything beyond that is your choice.

Nevertheless you strike me as an open-minded individual, and perhaps you're concerned whether akhi Andrew has allowed his beliefs to filter through his translation, like Lamsa did? From what Andrew has told us, I understand it that he's kept the "commentary" out of the text itself. Plus he's publishing Mari with the actual Aramaic text, so you can check it.

Messages In This Thread
Re: To Andrew Gabriel Roth About Mari/PEACE - by Christina - 09-08-2008, 08:03 PM