Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelation Good case for Aramaic Primacy?? Come on now
Akhi Mike, you are the best I swear. Quit worrying about what people will think and just say what's on your mind, my dear brother. You're not going to offend anyone here, trust me.

Yes, Mr. Lancaster did compile a lot of material from this forum over the years. However, you will notice that none of the examples he has from any of the extra-Peshitta books are from me. He usually gives credit to someone who originally found an example, and you will notice where I am mentioned the context is within the 22 books of the Peshitta.

Akhi, dear brother, the topic of canonicity is a long one. I don't know how in-depth you want me to get, as this topic has been covered many times before on the forum. Rather than answering each question directly, I will summarize:

(a) The CoE began, like the Greek and Latin communities, during the Apostolic age.
(b) The CoE, like the Greek and Latin churches, had apostles and their immediate disciples guide and nurture them during the formative years.
© The CoE, like the Greek and Latin churches, were given the scriptures by the apostles and their immediate disciples.
(d) The CoE received 22 books, in the language of Christ Himself. We never received any other books.
(e) The CoE was not aware of the existence of these other books until very recently, relatively speaking
(f) The canon of the CoE was closed a long time ago. Before we were aware of the existence of these other books
(g) Therefore, we have no opinion on them one way or another. If they were given to us by the apostles, in the language of Christ and the apostles, then we would have them in our canon.

Let me give you another example. In the Ethiopian Church, there are 35 books in their NT canon. 1 and 2 Clement are two of them. Now, we could really care less about these books or what language they were written in, they were never part of our experience. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

There is not now, nor has there ever been such a thing as a universally-agreed upon list of books in any definitive Christian "Canon." That is a myth.

+Shamasha Paul

Messages In This Thread
Re: Revelation Good case for Aramaic Primacy?? Come on now - by Paul Younan - 08-28-2008, 07:18 PM