Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Accuser"
Janet M. Magiera says in her "Aramaic Peshitta New Testament" that satan's name "The Accuser" is the literal Aramaic (for) "eater of bread".

As in pulling bread to pieces......to consume, if I understand her correctly.

It can (according to Magiera) also mean "accusation", or "biting words".

This might make some sense spiritually, as this was Yeshua's very FIRST temptation from satan:

"If you ARE the Son of God, say that these stones should become bread".

I find this quite interesting, and wonder if anyone else can tell me more about the original Aramaic words "the accuser"?

Thanks for any help.

Shlama, Albion
Albion Wrote:Janet M. Magiera says in her "Aramaic Peshitta New Testament" that satan's name "The Accuser" is the literal Aramaic (for) "eater of bread".

This might make some sense spiritually, as this was Yeshua's very FIRST temptation from satan:

"If you ARE the Son of God, say that these stones should become bread".

I find this quite interesting, and wonder if anyone else can tell me more about the original Aramaic words "the accuser"?

Thanks for any help.

Shlama, Albion

Shlama Akhi Albion:
The name "akhal kartza" means "devouring slanderer". The Khabouris shows this title as two words (Matthew 4:5, etc.). This is a descriptive title of satan. In Galatians 5:15 the apostle Paul elaborates using the phrase "minakhatin anton waakhal anton", where another synonym, namely "nakhat" means "to bite" and "akhal" means "to consume". R. Payne Smith's Compendious Syriac Dictionary lists the word "kartza" to mean "a gnawed or broken morsel; (metaphorically) slander; with "akhal" to backbite, slander.

Quote:Janet M. Magiera says in her "Aramaic Peshitta New Testament" that satan's name "The Accuser" is the literal Aramaic (for) "eater of bread".

I haven't seen Janet Magiera's translation and commentary, but I've heard that her work is good. She appears to be commenting on the origin of the word to show how it is condensed to mean "the accuser".

Shlama,
Stephen
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dukhrana.com">http://www.dukhrana.com</a><!-- w -->

"
Shlama Brothers,

"Qrats, Qartsa" can also mean, "to glance scornfully", or "to ridicule". See Smith's Compendious entry just before the one Stephen cited.
Thus "Akal Qartsa" would refer to The Devil ("o diabolos" in Greek) as the one who "consumes with ridicule". That should teach us all a lesson about how Satan works.
Ridicule is even more powerful a weapon than slander, I think.
I would much rather a person rail and tell lies about me than to laugh at or look down on me.
How think ye?

Dave
Thanks to both Stephen and Dave for the deeper understanding(s) here.

That is quite helpful, and makes the textual word have more meaning.

Shlama, Albion