Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Perfect Peshitta Text
Dave Bauscher???s new translation ???The Original Aramaic New Testament in Plain English??? is well done and worth having. However, it creats some questions that need to be considered.

In the introduction Dave repeats his former claims about so-called ???long Bible Codes??? which he ???found??? by searching through millions of combinations of the 22 letters of the Aramaic alphabet using a computer program called ???CodeFinder???. [I believe it should be called ???CodeMaker??? since these ???codes??? are created by very extensive systematic letter sorting and have no statistical significance.]

In his introduction Dave states:

???I believe what I have in my possession and from which I have translated here (TheAramaic text, not the translation itself) is the exact, word for word, letter for letter, original and Divinely authored New Testament! It contains no errors of any kind historical, grammatical, orthographical, textual, geographical, scientific, or theological!???

Wow, that???s important if true!

Dave writes, ???The Peshitta NT was written by God Himself!???

So which text is this perfect text? I don???t think Dave is using the Eastern Peshitta as he seems to claim in his book, but rather I believe he is using a version of the Peshitto that he happened to receive when he purchased the ???CodeFinder???. I think it may be the same version that is found in the ???Online Bible??? which is called ???Peshitta??? but which has 27 books and is apparently the Western Peshitto.

I think Dave has somewhat answered this question before, but if he did I forgot the precise answer or got confused by different discussions.

Dave, please specify exactly which text you claim to be the one, perfect text, and where I can find the digital version. If it is a version of the Western Peshitto, it cannot be perfect since it does not agree perfectly with the Eastern Peshitta which most of us believe to be the most reliable. For example, your text has the woman in adultery in Chapter 8 of John. The Peshitta does not.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Sincerely,

Otto

Messages In This Thread
The Perfect Peshitta Text - by ograabe - 06-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by gbausc - 06-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by ograabe - 06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by gbausc - 06-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by Stephen Silver - 06-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by *Albion* - 06-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by gbausc - 06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Re: The Perfect Peshitta Text - by ograabe - 06-25-2008, 01:26 AM