Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardcopies ready! Thankyou to all who helped.
Hi Guys,

Been crazy busy, but see there are a load more questions here for me! I'll try my best...

Andrej(1): I think you just about summed it all up! You said that even if you don't believe in Jesus, you may as well live like he did exist... That's sort of the point of being a "Christian atheist". I don't believe in Jesus or Yahweh at all, but love many of the Christ teachings.

Sean: I implore you to read your Bible then, cover to cover. Before you engage in discussions on it, you probably should know what it says? You could also purchase a copy of my book iGod which gets to those juicy bits quickly and is only a couple of hundred pages.

Noordos: Thanks for your prayers, but prayer has been scientifically shown to be ineffective... Besides, I was miserable as a literalist Christian. Now I am happier than I have ever been. And I am more moral and just than I have ever been. I am a far better person, and, a far better Christian.

Andrej(2): I am not concerned with how you label my position. Nor should you be concerned with what my definitions would be. The REAL definition of atheism is a simple lack of belief in any particular personal god (it is NOT a belief that there is no god). I happen to hold to this position, which is actually peoples' default position, and the most intellectually honest. I am open to all possibilities and am happy to hear out the views of all the MILLIONS of religions and potential religions out there. And when one has provided actual evidence, I would be happy to convert. This hasn't happened yet. In 10,000 years... Game over, I say!

Distazo: Thanks for answering Andrej's question on why I wrote my first book, for me. And for showing your understanding of why I would take the position I do now. Why did you delete that post?

All: In following with what I wrote to Andrej, that there is no evidence for Yahweh or Jesus; if you disagree, and if you feel you have evidence why literalist Christianity is the true faith (without even needing to look at the many different Christian religions...), as opposed to Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Gnostic Christianity, etc, I would be happy to hear it. Forward your peer-reviewed data to me and I'll be sure to host it over at http://www.ProofThatGodExists.net
Best Regards,

Raph

Messages In This Thread
Re: Hardcopies ready! Thankyou to all who helped. - by peshitta_enthusiast - 01-22-2011, 03:32 AM