Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SEVENTEEN More Days Till Mari/P.E.A.C.E. !!
Shlama to you Akhi Chuck,

See Matthew 12:4 in the interlinear here--Y'shua calls his Father "MarYah" = YHWH. There are many more instances listed at the end, including my favorite.

If you look in Paul Younan's interlinear you will see your answer. Every time Y'shua says LORD in English red font(or if this in the narrative), the Aramaic reads MarYah. Yes Y'shua called MarYah his Father but he also quoted Tanakh referring to MarYah, and this is and must only be "Master YHWH". Yah is the simplified form of YHWH and is interchangeable with YHWH (Exodus 15:1-2, Psalm 68:4, many others). I have a detailed article on my website about that aspect so no need to get into that here.

Suffice to say for now though Y'shua referred to His Father also as YHWH, in the form of MarYah. People then ask, "Wasn't the pronunciation of YHWH banned in Y'shua's time by the rabbis?" And the answer is, yes it was. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY A FIRST CENTURY JEW WOULD PREFER MARYAH, BECAUSE YAH WAS NEVER BANNED! Even though it's the same name, Pharisees and today's Orthodox alike have absolutely no problem--then or now--in saying "halel-u-YAH"! As for the Mar part, it was also perfectly acceptable in Hebrew to say ADON/ADONAI for YHWH (although it could also refer to men) and MAR was the Aramaic cognate of ADON. I trace this eytmology from Daniel in a fair amount of detail in the MarYah/YHWH article.

So, I reject this Christian tradition you mention utterly. It is not Scriptural. Y'shua called on His Father, but he said in John 17:11 that his Father's name was also his, and there is YAH in Y'shua (see also Matthew 1:21). I also have a detailed discussion on how Y'shua's calling on MarYah works with relation to Psalm 110 in Mari/PEACE.

Finally, you can see Y'shua call His Father "Alaha" (Elohim) in Matthew 6:33, 19:6, 17 and 26:30 and MarYah/YHWH in Matthew 4:7, 10, 12:4. 21:42, 22:37, and many others. My favorite is Matthew 23:39: "You will not see me again until you say, Blessed is he who comes in the name of MarYah"!!!!

The Greek-Catholic fathers remain confused due to their lack of Aramaic understanding and the dual usage of Kurios in their own writings, applying to YHWH and men. Hope this helps!

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Re: SEVENTEEN More Days Till Mari/P.E.A.C.E. !! - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 04-05-2008, 04:11 AM