Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerning Dave. B's New Testament
Shlama All,

Otto,
I must repeat myself, it seems, in order to keep the record straight. I have never said that God forsook His Son, Yeshua. We were discussing what Yeshua cried from the cross. His words are identical to The Peshitta text of Psalm 22:1- a translation of The Hebrew :"Eli Eli lama azabthani."

Every translation of Psalm 22:1 has: My God , my God, why have you forsaken me? This is what our Lord meant. If you want to discuss why He said it, so be it, but it is what he said, and it is fruitless to deny it, as there is no sound reasoning behind the denial. I am not arguing what God did; I am arguing what Yeshua said. Please stop confusing the issue. I also never said Yeshua was the object of God's wrath, nor do I believe that He was.

Sean wrote:
Quote:If Jesus was made sin on the cross, the whole salvation plan for mankind does not make sense anymore, this is dangerous.
[/quote]
Sean, 2 Corinthians 5:21 says "He became sin for us". It does not say "sin offering"; If Paul had meant sin offering, he would have said "sin offering". How can it be dangerous to affirm and repeat plain scripture?
The Aramaic word "Khateetha" is found 89 times in The Peshitta NT. Nowhere does it mean "sin offering" that I can see. It always means "sin'. There are other words for "sin offering"; sometimes "khatatha" and "Khataha" can metaphorically refer to a sin offering. Besides, the same word is used twice in the same sentence of v. 21 and clearly does not refer to a sin offering the first time; it would be very confusing to give it two widely different meanings in the same sentence, especially when paul clearly is teaching theology in this passage. He would have used the word "debkha" (sacrifice) or "qorbana" (offering) in conjunction with "khateetha".

Blessings,

Dave

Messages In This Thread
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by gbausc - 04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Re: Concerning Dave. B's New Testament - by sean - 04-23-2008, 10:38 PM