Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerning Dave. B's New Testament
Shlama Akhi Sean,

No you did not answer my questions, but that is OK.

You really should rely on scripture more instead of giving your opinion.

Jesus is The Mediator of the New Covenant. Jeremiah 31:31 says "YAHWEH" makes the New Covenant. Hebrew 9:17 says that the maker of the covenant
must die for the covenant to be in force. "YAHWEH" must die. But Yahweh is not flesh and blood. He took flesh and blood upon Himself in His incarnation, but He is not
the temple He indwelt, so there was more to His death than met the eye. There was a spiritual aspect to His death.

Blessings,

Dave
To Dave, sorry, I have replied to some of your questions, so I don't know what you are talking about. May God be my witness.
In proving that the godhead did not die , I gave you three scriptures, and most of my posts include scriptures, so I am not giving you my opinion, but what the bible saids about different subjects.
To Dave, the temple of jesus was his body,' destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up....he spoke of the temple of his body'-john 2:19-21.
May god bless you
Hello Sean,

Quote:May God be my witness. In proving that the godhead did not die , I gave you three scriptures, and most of my posts include scriptures, so I am not giving you my opinion, but what the bible saids about different subjects.

What 3 scriptures prove Christ did not die? Christ is God, is He not?

You also seem to equate His temple with Himself. His body died, yes, but He was not His body, anymore than you are the house you live in. Christ is God; "God is a Spirit-"John 4:24. He had to die spiritually as well, or Christ did not die, only His temple was destroyed.

You also said sin is an act, and therefore cannot be a thing. Your definition of sin will not hold up to scripture. Jas 4:17
Quote:Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
According to scripture, sin can be inaction- a non act, so your definition is flawed at best.

You are also ignoring Romans 7 in which Paul wrote three times that sin resided in him and in his members. He called it a law and described it as a force which overcame his mind and led him to do evil.

Is holiness also an action? Or is it a state of being which is the opposite of sin? "Every male child which opens the womb shall be holy to Yahweh." What action of the child could make it holy? So sin is not merely what one does, (or doesn't do) but the evil principle or law behind the action or inaction. Christ could become sin, if He so chose, as He is God. And He could take our sin to Himself, which scripture declares:1Pe 2:24 "And he took all of our sins and lifted them in his body to the cross, for as we are dead to sin, we shall live in his righteousness, for by his scars you have been healed." -my translation

"And Yahweh has laid upon Him (or Himself) the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6

Since you say sin is something people do, you also seem to deny that Jesus could take our sins unto himself and remove them as scripture plainly declares. Am I wrong about this?

Shlama,

Dave