Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Peter 3:20
Shlama Akhay,

There's an extra phrase in the Peshitta Text of 1st Peter 3:20. I'll highlight the words that the Greek texts don't have........

1st Peter 3:20- which were formerly disobedient, in the days of Noah, when the long suffering of God commanded an ark to be made, in hope of their repentance; and eight souls only entered into it, and were kept alive in the waters. (Murdock)

When you consider how big of a party Heaven gives over a repentant sinner, this missing phrase in the Greek takes on extra significance........

Luk 15:7 I say to you, that there will thus be joy in heaven, over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just ones, to whom repentance was not necessary.

Even though 2nd Peter is not in the 22-book canon, I couldn't resist using a verse from it to further emphasize my point.......

2Pe 3:9 The Lord doth not procrastinate his promises, as some estimate procrastination; but he is long suffering, for your sakes, being not willing that any should perish, but that every one should come to repentance.

Shlama w'Burkate, Larry Kelsey