Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Way International And The Downfall Of James Scott Trimm
Akhi Albion,
Please listen to what I'm saying. I've not said anything about lashon hara'a out of anger. I've not said any of it rashly, but rather because I saw an apparent violation of the Torah (will discuss this in a bit with Akhnu Andrew) and I wanted to encourage y'all to not do this. My tone has been one of pleading, not of anger.
But, as far as the accusation of lashon hara'a goes, this mitzwa may have been abused by some to try to avoid criticism. I don't know. I've not seen it personally. But we can't simply blow it off because of that. You and Akhnu Andrew both seem to say that if it's true then it isn't lashon hara'a. I don't believe that is an accurate definition of lashon hara'a. If it isn't my business, if it is gossip, then it's lashon hara'a, whether it's true or not. I once heard an excellent definition of gossip: if I'm not part of the problem, or part of the solution, it's gossip. I was not offended, I am not appointed a judge, and therefore it's not my business. So if you're telling me about it, it's gossip.
I also don't think that my age should be an issue. As Sha'ul put it, let no man despise you because of your youth.

Akhi Andrew,
If such a judgment has been made in accordance with the Torah, please send me a link to the body that made the judgment. I'd like to see it.
If this is true, I would like to point out that the proper method of telling people about these alleged crimes would be to point them to the body that made the judgment in the first place. If you had told me sooner that such a judgment had been made this would have all been cleared up much sooner.
No, I do not think that it necessarily has to be a central Sanhedrin in Yerushalam, so long as it is a legitimate court it doesn't matter.

Shalom uvrachot,
Dawid

Messages In This Thread
Truth and Trimm - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Do NOT go - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Re: The Way International And The Downfall Of James Scott Trimm - by Dawid - 02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Trimm docs sent - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Re: Trimm docs sent - by Dawid - 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM