Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Way International And The Downfall Of James Scott Trimm
Andrew, even if he is guilty, spreading what you think about him is still not acceptable. Lashon HaRa'a, you know as well as I do, is the evil tongue, not necessarily a false report, but gossip, whether said gossip is true or false. An evil report. You know as well as I do that you are supposed to go to the offender if you have a problem, not spread it around. R. Yehohsu'a told us this.
Trimm's guilt or innocence is irrelevant to me, since I am not sitting on a beyt din, nor was his offense against me. If I were appointed to a beyt din to decide his guilt or innocence, then it would matter. As it is, I disagree with many of his opinions, and I am willing to debate them, but I refuse to indulge in the ad hominem fallacy.
I am not assuming that you do not have evidence. It does not matter. Spreading it before a judgment has been made by either a religious court or a secular court is lashon hara'a, even if the accused party is guilty.
I am keeping my mind open, which is precisely why I have made no judgment whatsoever about Mr. Trimm. It simply doesn't matter to me. I am not on a court, I am not a judge, I am not a juror. If and when sentence is passed then I will have no problem with you and Albion saying what the court has already proven.

Shavu'a Tov,
Dawid

Messages In This Thread
Truth and Trimm - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Re: The Way International And The Downfall Of James Scott Trimm - by Dawid - 02-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Do NOT go - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Trimm docs sent - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 02-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Re: Trimm docs sent - by Dawid - 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM