Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About George M. Lamsa and Rocco Errico
Rafa Wrote:
Quote:Both Ibn Sa'd and al-Tabari write that Bahira found the announcement of the coming of Muhammad in the original, unadulterated gospels, which he possessed; the standard Islamic view is that Christians corrupted the gospels, in part by erasing any references to Muhammad.

This is why I'm attempting to find this so called "Apocalypse of Bahira"- not even the wildest Apocrypha makes such a claim! I never ever read a piece of Apcorypha (even those horrible Gnostic texts claiming Y'shua was a secret agent for the mother Godess or something like that) such a claim.

I've no doubt that Bahira felt he had the original gospels, if he were referring to the Aramaic. I think the latter part of the claim, references to Mohammed, is probably a very exaggerated claim made by Muslim apologists. We have copies of the Peshitta that are at least 100 years older than Islam, and I've read them without noticing any reference to Mohammed. So that claim falls flat on its face.

Messages In This Thread
Re: About George M. Lamsa and Rocco Errico - by Paul Younan - 02-07-2008, 03:18 AM