Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About George M. Lamsa and Rocco Errico
Shlama,

A friend here asked me about George Lamsa, and Rocco Errico, Lamsa's student.

First, if you'd read this:

"I would suggest a great deal of care be taken--I sense that you already do this--in approaching the teachings of such as Mr. Errico. Those teachings are not subject to the discipline or correction of the Church or of recognized scholarship. There are many with a private agenda who utilize the P'shitta (which is generally unknown and inaccessible to the public) to build carreers--sometimes quite comfortable ones--and who mold the text to fit the agenda. I do not know if this applies to Mr. Errico, I do not know him and have not seen his work. Wariness is called for becuase Christology is at issue and Christology is the Great Tradition upon which orthodoxy stands or falls. ("Who do men say that I am?")"

This was from a personal letter from someone who used to be a Priest in the Assyrian Church of the East.

I AGREE with ALL of the above.

As to George Lamsa.

George Lamsa, I feel, did NOT believe in either the devil, or in demons.

This becomes apparent to anyone who reads his "Bible".

I think that this would have qualified him as "a heretic" in the very early First Century Jewish/Nazarene Yahad (I'm borrowing a Hebrew word here).

Yeshua could apparently see the devil, demons, and angels.

Lamsa's beliefs do NOT stack up well at all, when compared with what Yeshua believed.

I can, from personal experience, assure everyone that there IS A DEVIL, and there ARE DEMONS.

The devil 'recruits' people here on earth to work for him.

Most of these people don't believe in the devil either, but he doesn't seem to mind that, and use's them at his will and whim.

I would go so far, after what I've personally seen, to say that George Lamsa's "Bible" and his "New Testament" are spiritually dangerous, and should be avoided.

Ditto, for Rocco Errico. He is a New Ager to the MAX, and he does not believe in the devil, or demons (or angels either, apparently).

"Who do men say that I am?"

Do we believe in what Yeshua came to do FOR US, or NOT?

If we don't believe in the enemy of our souls, and of all Life here on earth, than neither could we believe in what Messiah came to do FOR US.

This, in my mind, clearly qualifies George Lamsa, AND Rocco Errico as "heretics".

That's a tough line, but there I stand.

I hope that this answers your questions.

Shlama, Albion

Messages In This Thread
About George M. Lamsa and Rocco Errico - by *Albion* - 01-06-2008, 06:59 AM