Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A gift
Shlama Beloved,

"My first goal was to read the Qur'an and to make a sentence by sentence analysis of it... my approach was to pay special attention to the description of numerous natural phenomena given in the Qur'an; the highly accurate nature of certain details referring to them in the Book, which was only apparent in the original, struck me by the fact that they were in keeping with present-day ideas although a man living at the time of Mohammed couldn't have suspected this at all...what initially strikes the reader confronted for the first time with a text of this kind is the sheer abundance of subjects discussed... whereas monumental errors are to be found in the Bible I could not find a single error in the Qur'an. I had to stop and ask myself: if a man was the author of the Qur'an how could he have written facts in the seventh century A.D. that today are shown to be in keeping with modern scientific knowledge?... What human explanation can there be to this observation? In my opinion there is no explanation; there is no special reason why an inhabitant of the Arabian Peninsula should have had scientific knowledge on certain subjects that was ten centuries ahead... It is an established fact that at the time of the Qur'anic Revelation, i.e. within a period of roughly twenty three years straddling Hegira (622 A.D.), scientific knowledge had not progressed for centuries and the period of activity in Islamic civilization, with its accompanying scientific upsurge, came after the close of the Qur'anic revelation." Dr Maurice Bucaille "The Bible, the Qur'an and Science"

Let me give you an example of what this French physician is talking about

"The heaven, we have built it with power. Verily we are expanding it. (Sura 51, verse 47)"

"The expansion of the universe is the most imposing discovery of modern science today. It is a firmly established concept and the only debate centres around the way this is taking place. It was first suggested by the general theory of relativity and is backed up by physics in the examination of the galactic spectrum; the regular movement towards the red section of their spectrum may be explained by the distancing of one galaxy from another. Thus the size of the Universe is probably constantly increasing and this increase will become bigger the further away the galaxies are from us. The speeds at which these celestial bodies are moving may, in the course of this perpetual expansion, go from fractions of the speed of light to speeds faster than this.Dr Maurice Bucaille "The Bible, the Qur'an and Science"

Interesting, huh?

Here's another:

"It is cited in the Koran, the holy book of the Muslims, that human beings are produced from a mixture of secretions from the male and the female. Several references are made to the creation of a human being from a sperm drop and it is also suggested that the resulting organism settles in the woman like a seed, six days after its beginning. (The human blastocyst begins to implant about six days after fertilization.) The Koran, (and prophet saying), also states that the sperm drop develops 'into a clot of congealed blood' (an implanted blastocyst or a spontaneously aborted conceptus would resemble a blood clot.) Reference is also made to the leech-like appearance of the embryo...The Developing Human by Dr. Keith L. Moore, published by W.B. Saunders, 1982.

12. Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay);

13. Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed;

14. Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create! (Sura 23:12-14).

These are minute examples.

Now what?
???Do not give up, for that is ignorance and not according to the rules of this art... Like the lover, you cannot hope to achieve success without infinite perseverance.???

Messages In This Thread
A gift - by bar_khela - 11-02-2004, 11:10 PM
Re: A gift - by Paul Younan - 11-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Re: A gift - by bar_khela - 11-04-2004, 10:39 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-04-2004, 11:23 PM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-05-2004, 12:00 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Prophets and prophecy - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 11-05-2004, 02:00 AM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-05-2004, 03:07 AM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 11-05-2004, 04:38 AM
Re: Prophets and prophecy - by bar_khela - 11-08-2004, 05:31 PM
[No subject] - by bar_khela - 11-08-2004, 05:47 PM