Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must the Scriptures be written in a ???global language????
I'll relate something to you Chris, that GOD has been showing me for about the last 8 years:

Is the age of the prophet dead? Would GOD raise up a prophet to write scripture again?

Interesting huh?

HE is GOD, GOD changes not, HE is allowed to do what HE pleases, so would HE do this? Think of the implications.

Let's look at the current situation. All scripture has been through the effects of time, mankind, and satan. In many respects, if there was a need to replace the current books of scripture with new ones, now is the time.

Would GOD do this? I think the question should be when.

Not just the OT mind you, all of it. From all the missing books that were from the fragments that were scattered at Qumran, to scrolls that were burned. Everything that was written in the NT also. Could you imagine it? Everything that was taken or lost at one point by mankind!

How would HE do this? What type of person would he use for such a thing?

I think the person would have to be completely unbiased, first off. GOD could never use a person that was biased towards any sort of language in this. The person would have to be brought through a lot of trials to wear out any sort of incompliance that GOD would find unsuitable for this particular job, that would take a while, but it took Moses 40 years.

How is a matter of the heart. Only a person that was after GOD's heart in this would be able to do this sort of important work. He would have to allow GOD to have HIS way in this, completely. This person would probably have no wife or kids that would distract from what GOD wanted, ect. Pretty much a totally independant person.

What language would GOD use if HE was going to do this?

Ahhhh, now this is where it becomes really, really interesting. Would GOD use a language of old, or something new? What would be more relevant? Would an old language be more appropriate or would that hinder the growth and spread of the work? Would a new language be more suitable or fail to be taken serious by HIS people?

Serious questions huh?

Is it dangerous? It would destroy the prestige that some people feel they have at the moment because when GOD creates something new HE destroys the old. So yea, it could be dangerous to them and their livelyhood.

Chris, I find this interesting. GOD has neat things that HE shows HIS people at times, at least to those who are asking. HE has stuff that bewilders the mind, that we are unable to comprehend at the moment.

But anyways, yea, I find this very interesting.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Dave - 08-28-2004, 06:58 AM
[No subject] - by Dave - 08-28-2004, 07:14 AM
[No subject] - by byrnesey - 08-28-2004, 10:47 AM
[No subject] - by Dave - 08-28-2004, 11:24 AM
[No subject] - by Dave - 08-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Leviticus 19:16-18 - by Stephen Silver - 09-05-2011, 05:04 PM