Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Syriac Language Project
Paul Younan Wrote:Shlama Akhi Larry,

Yes, I met with Prof. Terry Falla (who's involved in this). He was in town from Melbourne and we had dinner at Prof. Saadi's (another Aramaic guru) home. Boy, what a dinner discussion that was. You know how irritating I can be.

I remember pointing out some word plays in the Aramaic, and even mistranslations the Greek versions made.....and then he, surprisingly, pointed out wordplays in the Aramaic that we had never noticed, and then some Greek mistranslations of his own. I was totally shocked.

Well, you know I just had to ask him. When the big question was dropped on him, though, he became very uncomfortable and changed the subject without hesitation. Prof. Saadi just smiled.

It's almost as if some of these people are afraid to officially declare what they already know in their heart of hearts. I guess holding a chair at a university makes one very aware at all times what they say, lest they be branded an "academic heretic."

Akhi, can you share some of these new ones? I'd love to get them up on AramaicNT.org and, once I get a Beta out, the Wiki. :-)

Shlomo,
-Steve-o
'Just your average Antithetical Italian "Protestant" House-churching Charismatic Evangelical Karaite "Fundamentalist" for Aramaic Primacy... Drat I think I left something out... One sec.. I'll add on more as I think of it.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 04-21-2004, 05:56 PM
[No subject] - by abudar2000 - 04-21-2004, 06:16 PM
[No subject] - by The Thadman - 04-22-2004, 04:23 AM