Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic?
Life is such that everybody undergoes a baptism of suffering.
To have fullness of life, it's important to repent of one's wickedness. Many have announced their repentance from a life of willful disobedience to God via a public baptism of water. Some have undergone a private baptism e.g. in their own bathtub.
To have fullness of life, it's also good to undergo baptism in the Holy Spirit, which is very empowering.

Matthew 20 (based on Younan)
20. Then, the mother of the sons of Zawdee came to him [Yeshua], and she and her sons bowed before him, and was asking him something. 21. Then he said to her,
"What do you desire?"
She said to him, "Say that these two, my sons, will sit, one on your right and one on your left in your kingdom." 22. Yeshua answered and said,
"You do not know what you ask.
Are you able to drink the cup that I'm about to drink,
or the baptism (with) which I (will be) baptized?"
They said to him, "We are able." 23. He said to them,
"My cup you will drink,
and be baptized (with) the baptism (with) which I (will be) baptized,
but that you should sit at my right and at my left is not mine to give,
except to those for whom it is prepared by Abbi."[my Father]

Mark 1
4. Yukhanan was in the wilderness baptizing and preaching the baptism of repentence for the forgiveness of sins. 5. And all of the region of Yehuda and all of the children of Urishlim was going out to him, and (he) would baptize them in the Yordanan [Flowing] while they confessed their sins.

Mark 16
15. And he [Yeshua] said to them,
"Go into all the ailma [world] and preach
my Sebartha [Hope] to all of creation.
16. Whoever believes and is baptized will live,
and whoever does not believe will be condemned.
17. And these signs will follow those who believe in my name:
they will cast out shada [demons]
and they will speak in new tongues,
18. and they will handle serpents,
and if they should drink a deadly poison it will not harm them.
And they will place their hands on the sick,
and they will be healed."

Luke 7
28. I say to you that
there is no nabia [prophet] among those begotten of women who
is greater than Yukhanan the baptizer.
But the least in the Kingdom of Allaha is greater than he.
29. And all the people who heard, even the tax-collectors,
Allaha declared (to be) just
for they had been baptized with the baptism of Yukhanan.
30. But the Pharisees and the Sapra [Scribes]
rejected in themselves the will of Allaha
because they were not baptized by him.

Acts 1
4. And while he [Yeshua] ate bread with them, he commanded them that they should not depart from Urishlim, but they should
"wait for the promise of Abba [the Father], He whom you have heard about from me. 5. For Yukhanan baptized with water, and you will be baptized by the Rukha d'Qudsha [Spirit of Holiness, i.e. Holy Spirit] after not many days."
6. Now while they (were) assembled they asked him and said to him, Maran [our Lord/Master], if, "At this time will you restore the kingdom to Israel?" 7. He said to them,
"This is not yours to know: the time or those times, them that Abba [the Father] has placed in the shultana [authority] of His person.
8. But when the Rukha d'Qudsha comes upon you, you will receive power, and you will be witnesses for me in Urishlim and in all Yehuda, and also among the Shamaritans and unto the ends of the earth."

Messages In This Thread
RE: book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic? - by DavidFord - 06-16-2020, 11:58 AM