Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Revelation of 666 from Moses and Ezra
Lightbulb 
Good to be back. Where is everyone!

I wanted to share something I've pieced together over the years and recently compressed into a post. It's about the nature of the "mark of the beast" and 666, etc. Some may have already realized it themselves,for all the commentary commentary and discussion on this subject over the last 1900+ years, I've never seen anyone explain it this way before, and the mountains of disinfo and counter-intelligence low-life trolls posing as helpful buddies on messageboards on the #WWWiretap is horrendous.

There's no Aramaic involved in the discussion unfortunately since the earliest copy of Revelation is in Greek (AFAIK) and I didn't consult the Aramaic translation of the Greek that we have (not yet anyways), but I was hoping someone here might have insight from the Eastern perspective on this, I'd love to hear it. I do find it kinda funny that folk in NT scholarship say that the author John's first language was Aramaic based on the poor Greek writing as Bart Ehrman does on his blog here.

Here are my thoughts:

Quote:It appears John is referring to nothing more than a census or numbering of heads in regards to 666. Moses conducted one in the book of NUMBERS and so did the high priest Ezra in the return from Babylon — John uses nearly identical language from both cases when he refers to the “number of his name” and the “number of a man.” It’s as if John was trying to make the text foolproof so the reader did not misunderstand what he was talking about rather than concealing the meaning, but we will not understand if we do not listen to the Word, listen to Wisdom. Here is Wisdom:

Take ye the sum [רֹאשׁ lit. head] of all the congregation of the children [sons] of Israel, after their families, by the house of their fathers, with the number of their names, [LXX: ἀριθμὸν ἐξ ὀνόματος αὐτῶν] every male by their poll [ גֻלְגְּלֹתָֽם lit. skulls] (Numbers 1.2 KJV, my notes in brackets)

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name [ἀριθμὸν τοῦ ὀνόματος αὐτοῦ]. (Rev 13.17 KJV, my notes in brackets)

Here are the key phrases side by side in Greek:
ἀριθμὸν ἐξ ὀνόματος αὐτῶν –Num 1.2 (LXX)
ἀριθμὸν τοῦ ὀνόματος αὐτοῦ –Rev 13.17 (Nestle-Aland 27h Ed)

Here is how Ezra records the census in his day, first verse included for context:

Now these are the children [sons] of the province that went up out of the captivity, of those which had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon, and came again unto Jerusalem and Judah, every one unto his city; Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men [LXX: ἀνδρῶν ἀριθμὸς] of the people of Israel (Ezra 2.1-2 KJV, my notes)

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man [ἀριθμὸς γὰρ ἀνθρώπου]; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (Rev 13.18 KJV, my notes)

Side by side use of language referring to numbering sons of men:
ἀνδρῶν ἀριθμὸς –Ezra 2.2 (LXX)
ἀριθμὸς γὰρ ἀνθρώπου –Rev 13.18 (Nestle-Aland 27h Ed)

Another link between the census here in Revelation 13.18 and Ezra’s census is the infamous number 666 itself:

The children [sons] of Adonikam [אֲדֹ֣נִיקָ֔ם lit. “my lord has arisen”], six hundred sixty and six. (Ezr 2.13 KJV)

Inclusively, we come to 667 and perhaps homiletically we could say that the so-called perfect man symbolized by triple sixes is not the case:

The children [sons] of Adonikam, six hundred threescore and seven. (Neh 7.18 KJV)

Not only does John use similar language used in the old testament for numbering the sons of Israel, but the very next verse following Rev 13.18 refers to the number of the sons of the 12 tribes of Israel sealed with the name of God who were numbered in a census in Revelation 7.4-8. This gives us the same language combined with the same context of the language pointing to a census [twice]. All the tribes are represented among the 144,000 except for the tribe of Dan, this may tell us what tribe the 666 are from, in which case all the tribes are now represented.

That the tribe of Dan is separated from the 12 tribes is also found in the old testament when Dan is left out of the genealogies of the 12 tribes in 1Chronicles 4-7, apparently forsaking their inheritance when they moved out of their allotment. An argument of Dan being absent from Balaam’s parable-prophecy in Numbers 24 could also be made.

Irenaeus accepts that the Antichrist is from the tribe of Dan without reservation quoting from Jeremiah, however he would also need to be related to the House of David, or at the very least claim to be, in order to satisfy biblical prophecies and the expectations of rabbis, and Dan was known to mix with other tribes and nations early on.

The number 666 may be a literal number of sons, as seen in Ezra 2.13, like the 144,000 and could also have symbolic meaning — the two don’t need to be mutually exclusive. These numbers are only focused on the tribes of Israel, not Gentiles.

The mark and name are the same thing, ESV’s rendering brings this out best, and we see the antithesis to the antichrist’s name/mark in Rev 14.1. The case could be made further in studying more passages in the old testament but that would be beyond the scope of this post. BUT, the number of the name refers to sons of a family name.

So we have two different components to the prophecy here: the (renewed Sinai) covenant and the people of the covenant — The antichrist has his marriage covenant with the harlot and Christ has his marriage covenant with the virgin bride. The woman takes the name of the husband in marriage and it is non-physical (ie, not a microchip!).

The name or mark is spiritual, however many Jews wear phylacteries or tephillin on their forehead (thoughts) and hand/arm (works) with the Name (שׁדי Shaddai) and the Sinai covenant marriage text as an outward fulfillment of the text itself (cf Mat 23.5). You cannot buy or sell the offerings and sacrifices with the merchants and money changers in the outer court of the temple unless you accept the covenant marriage and receive the name.

Well I tried to keep it short but it's hard to know where to stop. I did a video touching on this [last year] and how transgenderism/transhumanism fits in with AI and more in my video, Robot Sex and the Holy of Holies which I'm open to constructive criticism on if you have time to look at it -- I still say it's the most important video on youtube but I may be biased.

It goes deeper at openthematrix.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

Blessings in the name of Yeshua who crushes the ggg/666.

Messages In This Thread
The Revelation of 666 from Moses and Ezra - by aux - 12-05-2017, 09:20 AM