Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossing (Christian Art)
Hi Greg, as you must know, people have been trying to figure out the words of the book of Revelation since it first appeared. I have read comments on its contents from many leading Christian teachers from the early Church times down to these last 100 years, and there are many interpretations given of each passage.

After hearing many people since the 1980s claim to know the timing of the end, all very sincere it would seem, they have all been totally wrong. I have known close friends who have gone off the deep end and swear they are hearing from God about their interpretations, and they are proved not to have heard a thing from Him about it.

Recently some of these friends have made another stab at it, after failing in their last 3 declarations as to when things would begin and end, and now claim to have revelation from God that Trump is The Great Red Dragon, and will soon be possessed by satan to fulfill the prophecies in the way they believe they will be fulfilled.

Some others were pointing to this recent eclipse, and some are pointing to the astrological line up coming next month on September 23, which they say heralds the birth of the man child mentioned in Rev 12.

My friends, who won't listen to me anymore, because I don't go along with them on their Revelation Rides, and keep warning them of falsely teaching and falsely prophesying Christ's return, say that the 1260 days, or 42 months began on Nov 8th, 2016, when Trump was elected, and would have ended on April 21st, 2020, but, since "those days shall be shortened for the elects sake", they say it will be sometime before that date, and no one knows exactly when.

Oh, by the way, my friends are two brothers who live in Spokane Wa, and they also believe they are The Two Witnesses mentioned in Rev 11. So, you would think they would know what they are talking about...but, they have missed it 3 times now already on dates they set up for the end. Go figure.

There are also two guys who live in Tracy, Ca. not far from where we live, Greg, who also say they are the The Two Witnesses too. So there is that. Over the years I have ran into a number of sets of The Two Witnesses online, and they all think they know what's going on.

I say all this, to say this.

I have never met, or known a single soul in my 37 years of being a Christian, who understood the book of Revelation, or who knew when Christ was going to return, or when the "tribulation" was going to start.

Hal Lindsey, Tim Lehaye, John Hagee, Harold Camping... the names and groups go on and on, maybe you know some too...they all come out with charts, and books, and CDs/DVDs, and tv programs and keep the people who will listen to them, in wonderment, that perhaps what they say might be true. But, they always fail, and those people are always disappointed and disillusioned.

For me, it is all deception, and a distraction. And I wish people would stop this nonsense, but...it seems to be part of many peoples humanity that causes this to be so, and maybe the devil inspiring them.

Messages In This Thread
Crossing (Christian Art) - by gregglaser - 07-26-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: Crossing (Christian Art) - by Thirdwoe - 08-27-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: Crossing (Christian Art) - by gregglaser - 09-01-2017, 02:57 PM
RE: Crossing (Christian Art) - by Thirdwoe - 09-04-2017, 07:12 PM