Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Not fit to untie the <<Loop>> of his sandal..."
Thank you, Thirdwoe.

1. We've been around this one before so I don't know what else I can say.  You are a Believer and therefore anything I can offer in the way of argumentation will be met by a "Believer's Statement".  Probably a Correlative Statement on my part in return.  I respect you and your positions.  What else is there to say?

2.  Well, I feel obligated to say the following: The Question of "What John was telling the people" is exactly what is being questioned.  John is saying...No, he is Denying and Confessing that he, John, is NOT the Christ. Further, he is stating something in a puzzling, cryptic manner:

Someone is coming who is AFTER John and is yet BEFORE John.  There are lotsa' variations on what this could mean but there is an interesting variation of another Type.

3. Here is why I feel obligated to comment here.  I do not have Immer on the brain and it is not weird.  Before we go off looking up to the skies, maybe we should look to see if there is another, non-metaphysical explanation.  I believe that I have found another explanation.  It is not "...just Immer".  It is the Mishmarot Priesthood, the Hasmoneans and the List of the Settlements in Galilee*.  Immer believes, according to Piyyutim found in the Settlement Jabnit, that the Dynastic Hasmoneans came from them.

4.  There was a Passover that was cancelled in 4 BCE.  Which Mishmarot Groups were on Duty at that Passover?  That would be Bilgah and Immer.  1 Chronicles 24 tells of David choosing 24 Groups based on the Houses of Eleazar and Ithamar.  The Hasmoneans were assigned to the First Mishmarot Group Jehoiarib.  Now, of the 24 Groups, which Groups have Stories (Non-Lukan Stories) about them?

a. Johoiarib.  Jehoiarib was on Duty for both Destructions of the Temple (Ta'anit 29A).  This provides the Anchor Date for calculating Mishmarot Service Weeks.
b. Immer.  Immer was the sixteenth Group of Eleazar.  More of this later.
c. Bilgah. http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/3298-bilgahTHUS:

John 1: [15] (John bore witness to him, and cried, "This was he of whom I said, `He who comes after me ranks before me, for he was before me.'")

Immer follows Bilgah but is ranked above Bilgah.

5. What is the Hebrew word for "Lamb"?: " אמּר "  What is the Hebrew word for the sixteenth Mishmarot Group "Immer"?: " אמּר ".  I am still waiting for someone to tell me that this could not be a word-play, that it is "mere coincidence".  Do they look identical to you?  Do you have knowledge that these words "Lamb" and "Immer" are not named by  אמּר ?  If so, however, then passages such as the following may point to something else:

Revelation 5: 6 (in part), 12 (RSV):

[6] And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders, I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain...
[12] saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!"

6. This is not an Obsession, any more than your belief is an obsession, or ideation or whatever.  I've followed a Trail for over a decade and I haven't had reason to drop it yet.  I still find puzzles and GJohn has many.  GJohn has puzzles that appear to have made it into the final version in spite of the Judaic Content, in spite of "Redactors".

Someone KNEW something

Not "weird" at all.

Best to you,

CW

*BTW, this list is found in several different Settlements - real, in your hand Archaeological material.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Not fit to untie the <<Loop>> of his sandal..." - by Charles Wilson - 08-06-2016, 01:23 AM