Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation
That must have taken some time, Greg. Was it all in vain? I see you have been reading some books on the end times for a few years now.

I used to put some stock into the dispensational type of hermeneutics that imagines a 3 1/2 or 7 year tribulation period preceding Christ's 2nd coming, when He is imagined to perform a secret rapture of the Church, and a thousand year period ensues afterward, where death on earth continues, even after Christ returns, and long before the creation of the new Heavens and new Earth.

That is until I got serious and actually looked at these ideas in light of what The Scriptures actually say... and until I found that the interpretations that John Darby came up with in the 1800s were never taught by anyone until he imagined them. Scofield's notes in his popular study bible in the early 1900s spread Darby's ideas far and wide, and many people, such as Hal Lindsey and recently Timothy Lahaye have made lots of hay (and cash) out of Darby's ideas.

I no longer subscribe to those publications.

The Scripture is very clear that Christ will return exactly on The Last Day, (a day which no man knows) and that day just happens to be The Judgment Day, when everyone in their graves will be raised, both those who died in Christ, and the wicked dead. The catching up, of those alive in Christ at that time, will not take place until the dead in Christ are first raised. There are no more days after that last day...it is eternity from that point onward.

I hope it's sooner rather than later... Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-17-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-18-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation - by Thirdwoe - 04-21-2016, 03:49 AM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-22-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-23-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM