Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Error in Peshitta 1Co. 5:8? - Leavened Bread
Thanks brother,

You are always so gracious with your responses and the amount of information that you share. And your Scripture references made for an absolutely awesome study. Honestly, it was a total blessing.

At this point, though, I don't know what exactly you were seeking to prove from the Scripture references. I read them all carefully, studying for about four hours. I could presume what you might be thinking, but of course, I don't know for sure.

What I can say is that you definitely pointed to issues ("preparation day" and "great day of the Sabbath") that I hadn't addressed in this post previously, so kudos for that. I learned something that I didn't know. However, much seems to come down to interpretation, and I admit that this issue is a very tricky one.

But I also want to say that--as I stated previously a couple posts ago--studying the Scriptures in their original historic and linguistic context makes all the difference. In many places, the difference may not be so dramatic, but in this issue it makes a difference.

When I researched the passages that you posted above, I found nothing that would suggest otherwise to my previous conclusion that Yeshua ate the Torah-based Passover, on the 14th of Abib, which he would have done with "unleavened bread" (see my previous post).

Again, I don't know what your intentions were by posting those particular verses, but they were educational. I still see no reason to suggest that Yeshua ate anything other than the Torah-based Passover, which would have been with unleavened bread (Exo 12:18). Let me know if I'm missing your specific points.

Thanks brother,
Thomas

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Error in Peshitta 1Co. 5:8? - Leavened Bread - by Thomas - 12-06-2015, 09:19 AM