Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic Primacy Proof in Revelation? (W-5)
Good day all,

Will someone please help me understand how it is possible for Aramaic Primacists to claim three specific Aramaic primacy proofs from the book of Revelation, when Paul Younan and others conclude that the Western Five were Greek books translated into Aramaic by the SOC?

I've been fascinated with the nine .pdf documents containing primacy proofs (primarily by Christopher Lancaster) and also books by Rafael Lataster and Andrew Roth on Aramaic primacy which list numerous assortments of Aramaic primacy proofs; but I'm hoping that someone can absolve my concerns here.

Unless I'm missing something (and I hope that I am), trying to demonstrate three (3) primacy proofs from a supposedly Greek based document (Revelation) would be like shooting one's own foot. It would seem to provide a terrible stain for AP.

For the sake of brevity, here are the three citations, and please feel free to respond--anyone who is familiar with these below. Again, my question is only this: how can these be valid Aramaic proofs if the Western Five were translated from Greek into Aramaic?

1) Revelation 6:15 - Those who are STRONG or who have POWER?
2) Revelation 2:20 - SUFFER or TOLERATE
3) Revelation 2:20 - BED or COFFIN

Grace and peace,
Thomas

Messages In This Thread
Aramaic Primacy Proof in Revelation? (W-5) - by Thomas - 12-27-2014, 08:55 AM