Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peshitta what good is it?
Truthfinder-

"Yes" to all of the options you state.

There are members of this site who believe very deeply that there is the Language of God on display here.
There are some skeptics and even some very intelligent donkeys who aren't here anymore.

I came here after a discovery that still amazes me to this day. "What did Jesus say on the Cross?". George Lamsa is known to many here in the States and his translation has something that makes NO SENSE to many. When I became aware of the Peshitta, I looked and found this site. The esteemed Paul Younan on this site has a similar translation and I looked into HOW this translation came to be and what it could mean.

"My God, my God, for this was I spared?"

ABSURD! Isn't it...? Actually, it is the best possible translation for what I was seeing. It could not have been more perfect. Luck? Coincidence? My training was in Language and Logic - not the Aramaic language, I must add. What I had been told was not what I was seeing and it was because the language - especially from the Greek Primacists - hid what I should have seen.

Phrases such as "Lamb of God" and "You must be born again" show Semitic Influence that go back centuries and is completely hidden by those who claim the NT was of Greek Origin.

It's not what others see that you don't. Give yourself some credit. Learn what you can. There's still work to do. As I pointed out in another Post sometime back, on the Lamsa site itself is an error of the Lamsa Translation. The scan of the above verse reads, "Few this was I spared?". I E-Mailed the site and was told that the error came from the scanning process. Talk about Scribal Errors!

Have some fun. You can take this material as far as you want to go. Let me give you another example. When you begin to learn some Math, you often begin to realize that there's always an enormous amount of material that you don't know and that someone learned the same material as something trivial, as something easy to learn on the way to Real Math. Many get overwhelmed and stop.

Don't stop.

CW

Messages In This Thread
Peshitta what good is it? - by TruthFinder - 11-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Re: Peshitta what good is it? - by Charles Wilson - 11-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Re: Peshitta what good is it? - by SteveCaruso - 11-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Re: Peshitta what good is it? - by TruthFinder - 11-17-2014, 10:08 PM
Re: Peshitta what good is it? - by Charles Wilson - 11-18-2014, 04:36 AM
Re: Peshitta what good is it? - by SteveCaruso - 11-19-2014, 02:09 AM