Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Reply to ?Points of Agreement between the Targum and...
So I'm sort of fascinated with the Ethiopian Tewahado Orthodox Church (ETOC) for various reasons.

ETOC holds a tradition the ancient church and 1 Enoch, which Qumran "proved", so to speak.

I'm looking for a book, "Acts of Solomon", "Nathan", and a few others.

According to 2 Chronicles (9:29):
"Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, from first to last, are they not written in the [m]records of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of [n]Iddo the seer concerning Jeroboam the son of Nebat?"

Are any of these writings extant today?

Also, what would it mean if they weren't?

I'm sort of split on 1 Enoch. Perhaps I could imagine a saint referring to an apocryphal book, also of course 1 Enoch is a great book to read, three St. Jude is essentially an Apostle of Our Lord, by default.

Not as if 1 Enoch were harmless. It explicitly states that not all of the dead shall be resurrected. Which I like, which sort of gives me hope, but goes against every Protestant teaching I can remember (although it does not disagree with Daniel, where it is written "*A MULTITUDE* of your people will be resurrected...."). Also let's not forget the heavy NT parallels.

Messages In This Thread
Re: A Reply to ?Points of Agreement between the Targum and.. - by mcarmichael - 11-11-2014, 05:14 AM