Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to learn Syriac for cheap or free?
Steve,

As you should know, a scribal mistake, isn't a purposeful alteration of the Text, or a willful addition to the original text, it is a simple mistake of the eyes and hand. This does not render the Manuscript another version or another textual version...it is a real Aramaic New Testament just the same, and can be checked against the rest of the Peshitta Manuscripts of the same textual tradition.

I don't know why you have such a hard time understanding these things.

No, I'm not Scottish, Steve. Nor am I playing games here, this is about what is true, and what isn't true. It's not about me or about you at all.

It seems then, that you aren't aware of the differences, both small and large, in The Peshitta's text with that of its revisions. As you might know, the UBS/BFBS text, which you use in your Apparatus there, is NOT The Peshitta Text, or from any one Manuscript, it is a patchwork text of various Aramaic manuscripts, which utilize the later Western revisions for its then (early 1900's) newly constructed text, and has the added W5 books as well, which even it indicates in the notes that they are no part of The Peshitta Text.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Best way to learn Syriac for cheap or free? - by Thirdwoe - 10-19-2014, 01:11 AM