Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of the departed
Aldred, I know what it is like to believe something because we trust our pasters to teach us the truths of Scripture, even though we ourselve have not done an indepth study on certain issues. I used to say I think this and that based on what the so-called party line had taught me over the years.

And being Rav Shaul commended the Bereians as being far more noble than others for double checking Scripture to see if what he taught was true, I would encourage you to use a Scripture study program (such as eSword or Blue letter Bile) to search the Tanak of all verses speaking on death/the dead/etc.. to see if Roth's veiws contridict them like a wayward cammel criss crossed in her ways or not. I beleive through good Scripture Exegesis you will be ammazed at how much of traditional christianity is like unto the wayward cammel more so than Roth's teachings.

TWO APPROACHES IN UNDERSTANDING SCRIPTURE

FIRST: One goes to the Writings with an open, unbiased attitude, free of denominational slants or teachings, or previous impressions. This is called Exegesis (direct analysis or interpretation of Scripture). Allowing the Word to directly speak to form a solid foundation through personal study. Listening to other men teach us what Scripture says is fine also, as long as we test everything we hear, being careful how we listen, as the assembly at Berea did (see: Acts 17:10,11).

SECOND: (the wrong approach) -- One goes to the Writings to prove something they already believe, finding sentences which hint at the idea. This is called Eisegesis (analyzing from one's own preconceived ideas). In these cases the text is not directly describing or teaching the concept they are trying to prove, but rather the words are extracted and hunted-down, to "prove" what they believe. This is how men "twist" or "spin" the Words of Scripture, especially the letters of Shaul [Saul ] (a.k.a. - Powlos [ Paul ]):
". . . as also our beloved brother Powlos wrote to you,
according to the wisdom given to him, as also in all his letters,
speaking in them concerning these matters, in which some are hard to understand,
which those who are untaught and unstable TWIST (re-spin) to their own destruction,
as they do also the other Scriptures [such they do with the Old Covenant Scriptures as well].
You, then, beloved ones, being forewarned, watch;
lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the delusion of theTorahless." - {2 Kayf [Peter] 3:15-17}

Remember if what we think the ReNewed Covenant is saying contridicts what the Old Covenant Scriptures say then we truly have missunderstood the ReNewed Covenant.

Messages In This Thread
The state of the departed - by Aldred Emmans - 07-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by The Texas RAT - 07-23-2014, 05:34 AM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aldred Emmans - 08-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aldred Emmans - 08-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by The Texas RAT - 08-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aldred Emmans - 08-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by The Texas RAT - 08-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aramaic - 08-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Re: The state of the departed - by The Texas RAT - 08-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aramaic - 08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by Luc Lefebvre - 08-08-2014, 07:18 PM