Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The state of the departed
Aldred Emmans Wrote:2 Peter 3:17
I see you are a Torah "zealot" as AGR because of the use of the word torahless in the above scripture!
zeal?ot
noun
a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.google.com/search?q=zealot&oq=zealot&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=2&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8">https://www.google.com/search?q=zealot& ... 2&ie=UTF-8</a><!-- m -->

Aldred, if you paid attention to what I had posted you would see that I had changed my mind on what I had believed once I weighed the evidence, so calling me a zealot does not fit by definition. Yet it is my understanding that true zealots repond with name calling rather than with a reasonable debate. This is because zealots do not have good evidence for their beliefs. On the other hand I do fit some synonyms for a zealot such as "enthusiast" and "true believer", at least in my opinion.

Aldred Emmans Wrote:I have now enough reason to reject the AENT because it is not a faithful translation but has been proved to plagiarize other translators work.
Personally, I choose not to throw out the baby with the bath water. Being the work was basically built by two quilified Aramaic sholars, and only lightly edited by one of whom plagerised them, I see much good in it still. But I, as you, do not condone Roth pretending that he is a translater, nor his false claims of the 1000s of sholarly people that supposedly helped him edited it.

Aldred Emmans Wrote:I do not now refer to the AENT as it has errors,
As the evidence that you speak of will show the errors in the AENT are those made by the original translaters and have remained in the AENT due to poor editing on the part of AGR. What I am trying to say here is that yes there are errors in the version, all the while by no means could it be called a translation.

Aldred Emmans Wrote:but you could let me know what word the Aramaic uses for "torahless". This is an "invented" word in English. Does the invented word illuminate the meaning of the Aramaic? Darby Translates from the Greek - being led away along with the error of the WICKED, ye should fall from your own steadfastness:

Aldred
As for the wording in 2nd Kefa that I had used the English term "Torahless" for, being the Aramaic texts thereof are translations from Greek texts, I would think it best to see what the Greek wording is (but as far as I have seen in all English translations of the Western Aramaic texts they have translated the term as "lawless"). The Greek texts use the same word here as they did in the Septuigent where Hebrew texts use the word "Torah". And being the Hebrew word "Torah" is translated into English as either "instructions" or "law" it can be safely understood that in this verse, taking into consideration the context of the letter, it does not seem that Kefa was warning believers not to follow after "wicked heathens that follow not man's laws", yet rather the "false Scripture teachers that thaught against Torah observance". And being "lawlessness" is equalant to "Torahlessness" I felt it best to make this point clearer in this day and age as to help thwart the false teachings that Kefa and Shaul tried so hard to teach against.

Messages In This Thread
The state of the departed - by Aldred Emmans - 07-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by The Texas RAT - 07-23-2014, 05:34 AM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aldred Emmans - 08-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aldred Emmans - 08-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by The Texas RAT - 08-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aldred Emmans - 08-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by The Texas RAT - 08-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aramaic - 08-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Re: The state of the departed - by The Texas RAT - 08-07-2014, 01:23 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by Aramaic - 08-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Re: The state of the departed - by Luc Lefebvre - 08-08-2014, 07:18 PM