Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebyathar was kohen hagadol Mark 2 :26
Dear ScorpioSniper2
I have pasted the following on your web site:-
Quoting the AENT note 10 on 1 Thess 4:17 reads The Rapture Theory was invented by Jesuits in the late 1500's etc.
My understanding as a JND bible brought up believer is that the Aramaic "Net chatef" to quote the AENT again is a fact of future history yet to be revealed.

JND and others thought that this doctrine which became known as the rapture, following the Latin rapturo, should be the present hope of believers. The Lord?s return thus accordingly should be a present hope.
Of course the history of who held this doctrine has nothing to do with the correctness or otherwise of the doctrine.
Does this not all relate to how we are to regard ourselves. Are we now Goyim grafted in or just Goyim!

to continue:-

We would have quoted Revelation 3:10 to show that the believers in this church would not go through the great tribulation and 1 Thess 4:14 to give the end times bearing of the rapture, which we identified as the church rapture. For if we believe that Y'shua died and rose again, even so them who sleep, will Elohim, by Y'shua, bring with him. So we thought that the church was to be in a special place as the bride of Christ. The net catep applied to the church. We thus thought that Rev 7 was a Jewish scene separate from the church.
I see that the whole point in the AENT notes is to unite Jew and Gentile believers. So that from that point of view my "jury will be out" for some time!
If I note a printing error - page 836 (Psalm 38:12). middle of the page should read (Psalm 39:12) you might like to have my services as an editor! Another error page 935 - "Although the rapture theory has gained wide recognition and acceptance in the Christian world, the word "rapture" like the word "trinity" is not found in Scripture". But the word netchatep is in the Aramaic, which means 1 Thess 4:17 "and then we who survive and are alive will be caught up (note 10) together with them in the clouds"uses caught up instead. So it not a theory or invention it is scripture.

Brother Aldred

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ebyathar was kohen hagadol Mark 2 :26 - by Aldred Emmans - 05-22-2014, 09:10 AM