Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wikipedia statements about Peshitta
(01-06-2020, 01:15 AM)Thomas Wrote: @DavidFord: I don't know anything about Daniel Wallace, but am only speaking about Wikipedia.  Has anyone tried updating Wikipedia?

But on the other subject, do you, David, have insights on what Greek primacists argue--especially those who are in high standing in Aramaic studies, such as Professor Sebastian Brock?  I really just want to know *both* sides of the argument without being blinded by bias, either way.

I updated Wiki with some book titles.  

I don't know what Greek primacists argue.  I told Daniel Wallace some thoughts, but he told me to go away.  I tried to argue with a guy on youtube, but he refused to respond.  I'm posting material to a guy who translated Luke from Greek, and who would like Peshitta primacy to be true, but thus far, I've heard practically nothing in the area of pro-Greek-primacy arguments from him.
As an idea, try to engage a Greek primacy advocate in a dialogue, and see how far your arguments take you.  I suspect we're still in stage 1:
“first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win”

Messages In This Thread
Wikipedia statements about Peshitta - by ograabe - 01-24-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Wikipedia statements about Peshitta - by DavidFord - 01-08-2020, 04:54 AM