Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luke 1:3 According to Bauscher
"He appeared also to me because I had approached all things carefully, that I would write everything in order to you, excellent Theophila."- Luke 1:3 from The Original Aramaic New Testament in Plain English.

"I had___approached___because___to me___also___He appeared
in its order__thing__that every__all of them___carefully
Theophila___excellent__to you___I should write"- Luke 1:3 from The Aramaic-English Interlinear New Testament

"I also see, because of being near, to diligently scribe all---all in order to you, most excellent Teoauphile, that you know the truth of the words discipled to you."- Luke 1:3 from The Aramaic New Covenant

"And since these were seen by me also because I was near and considered them all very carefully; I will therefore write to you everything in its order, most honorable Theophilus..."- Luke 1:3 from The Holy Bible From the Ancient Eastern Text

Bauscher is the only person that I've seen to translate it as "He appeared to me," which seems to me like he was delving into interpretation and translating "in his own image". This is one of three places where I've seen him do this to a degree where it perverts the text (the others being Matthew 5:3 and Matthew 13:42). His translation of "Ena-na" is interpretive, but acceptable and correct (though he should have left it as I AM), but in these other places he incorrectly translates the text. Matthew 5:3 is rendered accurately in his Interlinear, which I finally got a hold of tonight. I love Bauscher's translation, but he, like Lamsa, Alexander, and to a lesser degree Roth, needs to leave his interpretations out of his translation in places where it is avoidable.

Messages In This Thread
Luke 1:3 According to Bauscher - by ScorpioSniper2 - 12-24-2012, 02:40 AM
Re: Luke 1:3 According to Bauscher - by distazo - 12-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Re: Luke 1:3 According to Bauscher - by distazo - 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Re: Luke 1:3 According to Bauscher - by Thirdwoe - 12-25-2012, 03:11 AM
Re: Luke 1:3 According to Bauscher - by distazo - 12-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Re: Luke 1:3 According to Bauscher - by Thirdwoe - 12-28-2012, 02:28 AM