Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Lamsa's Theology
The place where I'm wondering if his Nestorianism effected his translation is Micah 5:2. Can someone please answer my question if these two mentioned verses are variants between the Peshitta or not? The list is not my beliefs by the way, that is what I understand Lamsa to have believed.

Anyway, I ascribe to a Chalcedonian Christology. Here is a summary of my beliefs: while I believe there is a distinction between the divine and human natures of Jesus, they are so united that Jesus functions 100% as one being. The divine Person who is incarnated in Christ, became a man. Jesus does not have a split personality (He is duel-natured, but does not have a divine "side" and human "side"). Jesus didn't play different roles, like Jesus did not forgive sins as God and He didn't sleep as a man. He forgave sins because of His deity and He slept because of His humanity. Jesus' deity and humanity are not blended into a new substance, they are still distinct but very united. Jesus' deity is also not overcome by His humanity, nor is His humanity overcome by His deity. You can't say that Jesus' deity spoke at times and that His humanity was speaking sometimes, because natures do not speak: persons do. Whatever can be said about Jesus' humanity cannot be said about His deity, and in vice versa, but whatever can be said about one nature can be applied to Christ's singular personality. As a theologian once put it, "Everything Jesus did, He did as God manifest in the flesh (Son of God)." That's all we're going to say. We're talking about George Lamsa's theology and not mine.

Messages In This Thread
Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by ScorpioSniper2 - 10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Re: Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by The Texas RAT - 10-28-2012, 02:21 AM
Re: Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by ScorpioSniper2 - 10-28-2012, 02:46 AM
Re: Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by Thirdwoe - 10-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Re: Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by Didem - 10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Re: Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by Thirdwoe - 10-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Re: Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by ScorpioSniper2 - 10-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Re: Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by ograabe - 11-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Re: Dr. Lamsa's Theology - by ScorpioSniper2 - 11-08-2012, 03:37 AM