Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victor Alexander and "Qnomah"
Hey Dylan,

I have yet to see anything in Magiera's translation that shows a personal doctrinal bias, but I'll keep my eyes open. If you see something let me know. I just got her paperback version...and thought it was the "Messianic version", but it's her normal one.

So, which verse is being translated dishonestly by Mr. Alexander? Hebrews 1:3?

I just read it, and yea, he puts the word "Trinity" there, for "Person"...which is just weird...but I scratch my head often when reading his renderings, wondering both what his source text actually says, and how he could come up with a particular rendering. So far, I have found his translation the least accurate of all the others.

For instance, here is his rendering of Hebrews 1:6 "Again, then, when the Bread of Life entered the universe, He said..."

"Bread of Life? ??? What source text says this? Is he just putting things in that he thinks sounds good?

And as I've said before, I find that most folks I?ve spoken to, and read their books, don't know what the term "Trinity" even means, with some having pre-conceived ideas, and some having woefully false teaching about what's actually believed and taught by most Christians regarding the subject...let alone what the early Church taught about it in the pre-4th centuries.

Shlama,
Chuck

Messages In This Thread
Victor Alexander and "Qnomah" - by ScorpioSniper2 - 10-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Re: Victor Alexander and "Qnomah" - by Thirdwoe - 10-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Re: Victor Alexander and "Qnomah" - by Thirdwoe - 10-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Re: Victor Alexander and "Qnomah" - by Thirdwoe - 10-17-2012, 01:04 AM
Re: Victor Alexander and "Qnomah" - by Thirdwoe - 10-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Re: Victor Alexander and "Qnomah" - by Thirdwoe - 10-17-2012, 06:37 AM