Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AENT Editions...compared
Thirdwoe Wrote:I found this tonight, it may have already been posted in the Forum before, not sure... Here is a pretty detailed analysis of the various AENT Editions

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://netzari.angelfire.com/aent.html">http://netzari.angelfire.com/aent.html</a><!-- m -->

Shlama,
Chuck

If you go to Luc's profile page here at PeshittA.org you will see his website. Click on it and scroll 3/4 the way down to "OTHER
Sacred Name Bible Reviews and Netzarim Links" and click that then you see "The Aramaic English New Testament" is second to last on the list of resources. click that and you end up at the page you found. So in the future if you loose track of this link just go to Luc's profile page and follow his website url.

As for Roth doing an interlinear the more the merrier. It would seem to me that he could just leave the Aramaic text out of his version as to help cut down on cost and also lighten the book a bit. It has been purported that it is not a true copy of any Aramaic Codex known to exist anyway, so it is just taking up space between the bindings. If one feels a need to have the Aramaic text to study along with the English version I highly recommend that they obtain a true copy of the Khabouris Codex. As there is no need to study a 20th century concoction to see what the true ancient Aramaic Texts says. I like Roth's Version, so far as I can see from the sample pages and from what I have heard, but I could care less for his personal rendition of the Aramaic text as it is not a true copy of the Khabouris Codex or any other ancient Aramaic text known to exist. Study-er be ware. So before he even considers making an Interlinear he he needs to get his PeshittA straight first (or it too would be a big waste of space).

Chuck was it you that pointed this out about Roth's Aramaic Text? If so can you share the verses that he has reworded so that others will know when and where to take his Aramaic text seriously or not?

Messages In This Thread
AENT Editions...compared - by Thirdwoe - 09-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Re: AENT Editions...compared - by ScorpioSniper2 - 09-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Re: AENT Editions...compared - by Luc Lefebvre - 09-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Re: AENT Editions...compared - by ScorpioSniper2 - 09-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Re: AENT Editions...compared - by Thirdwoe - 09-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Re: AENT Editions...compared - by ScorpioSniper2 - 09-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Re: AENT Editions...compared - by The Texas RAT - 09-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Re: AENT Editions...compared - by Luc Lefebvre - 09-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Re: AENT Editions...compared - by ScorpioSniper2 - 09-04-2012, 12:39 PM