Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many original translators were there, approx
Shlama Akhi Mike:
I just read in a quote from the Holocaust Chronicles, that 80% of the Jewish population lived outside of the LAND in the First Century. That means that they not only settled eastward but also westward. It stands to reason that Jewish Communities popped up all throughout Asia and wherever they could live amongst the Gentiles. So, when Paul did his missionary journeys he would most certainly have encountered Jews of all persuasions in Autonomous Communities wherever Gentiles were in abundance. What a tremendous burden they were on the heart of Paul (Romans 11). This being the case me thinks he had good reason to write in Aramaic and preach in Greek and even in Latin where the need arose. He preached in Greek to Greek speakers, giving the "sense" of what he wrote to the same community in Aramaic. There was only one Church in each city. It wasn't like it is today with several Protestant and Catholic Churches in one city or town. It was imperative that both Jewish and Gentile believers live in such a way that they had fellowship together, just as it was decided in Acts 15. They came together to share the Eukharist together. This is why Acts 15 was so important to establish just as the Rukha d'Kadusha planned and set in place. Alaha was truly in their midst. The were ONE K'hillah of One Body and of One Mind, both Jews and Gentiles together in the Love of Yeshua HaMashiakh.
Also we must remember that the Gospel was very much an oral necessity. The only Scriptures that existed was the Jewish Bible, Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Writings/Psalms or (Torah, Neviim and Ketuvim). Few assemblies had the written Bible. However the Synagogues had the Scrolls of the Bible. So, remembering that the Gentiles had to conform somewhat to the Synagogue rules of behaviour to be present to hear the WORD of the Scriptures. It was also imperative that a consolidated text be written in Aramaic, the language spoken by the Jews in the LAND. Just as the LXX is an independent witness to the Greek speaking Gentiles, so a translation into Greek of the various books of the Eastern Peshitta New Testament was next on the agenda of the Rukha d'Kadusha.
This is my personal take on things because it makes plain sense to me. Plain sense or "pashat" is what stands out about the works of Alaha, and by taking this direction the early Church flourished as they responded in obedience to the Rukha d'Kadusha/Holy Spirit.

Shlama,
Stephen

Messages In This Thread
Re: How many original translators were there, approx - by Stephen Silver - 02-22-2012, 08:27 AM