Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disheartened by the EO and OO attitudes
I have many friends from the EO and OO too Shamsha but in all honesty, unless they are ignorant of the history between us, they all think the same thing.

It is a cult like attitude they maintain, especially considering they would require us to be rebaptised? This basically implies that we are not a part of the Kingdom according to them.

It is very saddening, the more I look into Orthdoxy the more intolerance I see from their camp, where from our end we label them "Sister Apostolics" see our catechism for this statement.

The OO and their Pope are even worst, the Pope does not seem to portray an ounce of love in his heart, but rather arrogance and pride by stating "We blocked the Assyrians from joining the Middle Eastern Council of Churches" why? Why would you not want dialogue with a sister Church that is being persecuted much like you? Should he take the opportunity to try and understand our position and then maybe he will see that these problems come down to philospophical semantics rather than theological differences.

I am deeply troubled by these people.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disheartened by the EO and OO attitudes - by Alan G77 - 11-12-2011, 04:53 AM