Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm here! And an Aramaic solution.
Akki Paul,

Well, I'm finally over here now :-)

Anywho, if you would like I could donate my Script Parsing engine to the forums. Since, by the look of it, these forums are done in PHP, it would be a simple include() and meddling with the program a bit.

My script parsing engine is basically an open-type mimic for non-open-type fonts (and open-type fonts will work, too :-) ). It imports "Font Script" files from a specified folder (these files contain the rules as to what characters to display), and then parses off the text you give it applying the Font Script rules. Since one can standardize the Font Script files (right now I use SEDRA III translitteration for Aramaic, modified SEDRA III for Hebrew, and a modified Symbol layout for Greek) the user can then (for my site, by means of a cookie) choose which script they view a page with. Right now I have SEDRA III Script files for Serto, Estrangelo, Ashuri, and other scripts, and they all display just as beautifully. I'm currently working on the Scholars' Press fonts and have SPIonic working as a Greek script. (You'll see the implementation once I update my site.)

Sound good to you?

Shlomo,
-Steve-o

Messages In This Thread
I'm here! And an Aramaic solution. - by The Thadman - 09-08-2003, 03:06 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 09-08-2003, 05:20 PM
[No subject] - by The Thadman - 09-08-2003, 07:42 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 09-08-2003, 11:12 PM