Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here has the courage to reject the Pericope Adulterae?
Hi Rafa,
Thanks for the response...and let me say, perhaps this could become a new thread as it no longer really pertains to the Pericope Adulterae. But, Rafa, what I was trying to ask was when does a valid church slide so far away that it can no longer be considered a church? In the examples you gave (Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, etc....) I would argue, and I think many others as well, is that they NEVER were a valid church to begin with, so there was nothing for them to "degenerate" from. Of those types of churches, sadly I agree that there are far too many examples. But what I wanted to know, are there any examples from history of an Apostolic church deteriorating to the point that it was no longer considered a true church. I guess the basic question I am asking is "When must one leave a church?" If all churches are a mixture of truth and error, how much error does one tolerate before they have to leave? Just to give you one example: I currently live in Germany and one of the main churches here is the EKD, Evangelische Kirche Deutschland, the "Lutheran" church. They ordain both women and homosexuals. They seem to also have a love of all things "new age" and the local church here just today sponsored a class on meditative dance, whatever that is. Valid church? (Just as a side note, last year the head bishop had to resign because she (yes, she) ran a red light and got busted for driving while intoxicated. Not that we can judge an entire church based on one sinful person's actions, of course, just thought you might be interested.) I am not a member of this particular church by the way, only curious as to people's thoughts on whether someone in this church has an obligation to stay or go.

Keith

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Re: Who here has the courage to reject the Pericope Adultera - by billman - 04-09-2011, 07:15 PM